Wanting to create a female spartan outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DarkDreamer1 said:
Ohh thats awesome, would anyone be able to turn that into pepakura files for me at all?

It is mainly just the chest plate and crotch area that needs to be changed the rest can be done the same.

No there is no walmart in England (well Ive never seen one, lol).

I wuld love to make this pepakura stuff, but dont know whether it would be practical, going clubbing in it and wouldnt want it to get ruined after i spent so much time on it, is it easily breakable? also is it easy to move around in?
If it doesnt go to plan may end up having to make a crappy one from cardboard, it wont look anywhere near as good but its something =/

I was suggested to use the pepakura but then simply cover with paper mache, surel this would fall apart easily though?

Cheers guys.

Im sure if someone were to register there, and point him/her here, that they might cough up ther model for the female members to pep up. After all could you imagine designing something, oonly to be asked to have it used for something in real life. I think it would be an honor, to have that asked if you ask me.

The mistress Chief model looks like it would be awefully hard to pull off, unles it were cast in something stretchable and flexible like a silicone.
Not to mention youd need a body from hell to pull it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Darth-Malevelus said:
The mistress Chief model looks like it would be awefully hard to pull off, unless it were cast in something stretchable and flexible like a silicone.
Not to mention youd need a body from hell to pull it off.

the figure ones or mine? cuz i can always edit mine if need be, and would casting diferent pieces at a time and then linking them with like wire or something bendy help it to fit more properly? or would it just cause more problembs than its worth doing?

The figurine one,... The one I linked to, seems alot more plausible, although the helmet looks abit small on the head.

The figurine one, looks like it would almost have to be built off of your body, like the silicone casts they do for making mannequin doubles of movie stars, or for extreme make up.

Granted the figurine one would get you ALOT of attention! And would be kick arse. Id love to see it!

But I think the one I linked too would be easier, and more realistic.

You should point that out to one of our resident Pep users. They could definitely be use that to make something, but I'm still a little weary about how well it might fit a real female body. Not all girls are shaped that way. It's a good basis though, good find.

Edit: Dropped the .3ds into pep. I couldn't save it of course, but anyone with a full version of pep designer could fix this model up easily.

can anyone post up a pic of the model I cant even see what it looks like from my work computer. lol

Im sure if the ladies here were to provide measurements to some of our modelers, the model could be adjusted to fit them.

Oh, sorry. Here give me a sec...

jkii-halo2mc.jpg

...there you go.

-Magnum

thats a pretty kool model but i still dont like the chest armor being all one piece part it seems like it would restrict to much movement. male or female =/ but it does look rlly kool.

Very nice,
I think I would mod the chest armor to be more like the figurine. A Deeper cut down the front like the figurine has.
That and I think I would notch the sole of the boots, to give them the look of heels abit. Nothing extreme, just a better
look than the flat soled boots. The rest of the smaller details could be taken directly off the images of the figurine.
The various pieces could be attached together with strips of black elastic fabric material. This way each piece would
pull toward the other, but would expand where it was needed.
This can be done for the waist, chest, hell all of the parts.

Can somebody DL, and pep this file? and make it available for DL For our current and future female members?

Also, heres a nice pic of a potential nano suit for the female costume variant as well
http://montyoum.deviantart.com/?offset=150

Ohh that one is awesome! If that is turned into a pep file I might just use it, otherwise I may make my own from carboard and random plastic bits n bobs, would i still be able to fiber glass cardboard though?

Also after searching around for products at my local halfords (car shop) I found these:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...ategoryrn_70054

Would I use the matt or tissue? (says tissue is a cloth so i presume that one?) Tissue is also a lot cheaper! How much of each would I need

Also for the pep files what did you use to hold the card together?

So overall pricing stands at this:

Card: £2 for 20 sheets
Glass fibre tissue: £3 1sq meter
Resin: 500ml £4.50
Hardner: £1.50

If it works out too expensive I may have to stick with cardboard and paper mache, its wont look anywhere near as good but at least it will be affordable! Just want it to be recognizable. lol!

The cloth, while not as thick as the mat is easier to handle as it doesn't leave bits of glass fibers around after cutting as much as mat does. Also it fits in smaller spots better than mat and it doesn't soak up as much resin as matt either :)
Price sounds good too, offhand I don't think we can get a sq yard for $3 :)

That model looks too thin and too big in certain areas of her...*ahem* body....no one but a starving teen will fit into that suit.

AoBfrost said:
That model looks too thin and too big in certain areas of her...*ahem* body....no one but a starving teen will fit into that suit.

see i told u it would be at a car shop ^^ any way if they make it into a pep file couldnt they modify it to fit a real person (besides an anorexic teen girl that is) or does pep not work like that?

The model itself would need to be edited, if it doesnt fit at proper scale, you could always cut the sides under the arms, add more cardstock manually.

hi guys.

Your right, she dose look nice, but stil has a practical armor
on. but personaly, i go for Magnum's. sure it has some problems, but you could edit it
to make it fit beter

SPARTY116 said:
hi guys.

Your right, she dose look nice, but stil has a practical armor
on. but personaly, i go for Magnum's. sure it has some problems, but you could edit it
to make it fit beter

Actually credit goes to Darth-Malevelus on that one. He found it, but he couldn't see or post the picture, so I helped out.

23Magnum said:
Actually credit goes to Darth-Malevelus on that one. He found it, but he couldn't see or post the picture, so I helped out.

then i like Darth Malevelus's

Feel free to spank me for saying this, but i thought that female spartans just wore the same armour(aka whatsherface from the books), it's all tailored for each spartan anyway, so they just scale it appropriately.

But i may be wrong. And you may not care. In fact you probobally really dont care. Just throwing it out there. *Peter Griffin voice*

Although, female spartan would be hot. Yeah, make an outfit like the ones posted, and damn *spnkr*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back