Wanting to create a female spartan outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDreamer1

So I was going to make an outfit using a bmx helmet and shin pads n waht not but after seeing the tutorials and outcomes here i would love to try this.

So looking at the pepakura guides and what not I have no clue how to create the 3d model to put into it, ideally i want an outfit that is gonna have some simlarity to these:

imgp9498zy8.jpg

imgp9136gf8.jpg

Anyone know where i would be able to get the pepakura files for something like this?

Also anyone know where i can get all the euipment from, anyone got any links to websites that post to uk for resin, fiberglass cloth and such? As cheap as possible, student with low budget here.

Also just a couple of things, how long on average would you say it takes and what sort of cost will i be looking at?

Thanks!!!

Why don't you take the regular Halo 2 pep files for the arms, legs and helmet. Use them for the mentioned pieces. As for the chest piece, that would have to be custom made to fit. Fiberglass and bondo doesn't stretch like fabric. Years ago I made some chain mail Bras and each one had to be perfectly fitted to the woman it was made for. I would Imagine the same attention to detail and sizing would apply here.

Spartan 161 said:
Why don't you take the regular Halo 2 pep files for the arms, legs and helmet. Use them for the mentioned pieces. As for the chest piece, that would have to be custom made to fit. Fiberglass and bondo doesn't stretch like fabric. Years ago I made some chain mail Bras and each one had to be perfectly fitted to the woman it was made for. I would Imagine the same attention to detail and sizing would apply here.

I agree. Fiberglass will not stretch or give and can be darn uncomfortable when it's on tight. As a lady, I can tell you gals have a hard enough time finding comfortable bras and panties at the store haha. So if you want this to fit in this manner you'll have to model to someone in particular as Spartan 161 suggested.

Hmm as references go, these models are rather romanticized, so I don't see the red one working in real life without a woman of some serious...caliber underneath to 'fill in' that much curvy and open space of armor (i.e. you'd be using both resin and silicon to get these results!).
Now, the green one (while it looks more suited to a leather working project) seems like a more plausible start.
Using that as inspiration, you could get a desirable result by sewing a tight fabric top (or using a sport bra) and applying separate, contoured armor plates to it. If it's just individual pieces put together it will be more comfortable and will be easier to fit to the curves of a woman. That way, you can get the suggested detail without it being unwieldy to wear.

The H2 pep is rather bulky no matter what the scale is (and this is certainly the goal for the original spartan concept) so you will have to do a lot of constructing and 'de-constructing' to get it to look more flat or tight (like the green model's calves for example). I did something to this effect to make my spartan space diaper the lady version. The pep models will certainly give you a starting place though.

I honestly think you can do this if you have enough patience and attention to detail. Just have a model to reference often! You'll probably be looking at around $200 USD like most good pep suits since you'll be using the same mats.

Hope that Helps,

---Vex

(On a personal note, wearing something like this irks me hahah :lol: . (But I can see the appeal for you fellas to want to see a woman in this))

Last edited by a moderator:
There arent any.

There are no models to base off a female, because all female spartans wear the same uniform, Vexona is a good example. The only proud pep spartan female so far. (unless there are more)

Btw, what spartan has the nerve to show his/her body in such a provocitive way? Plus it wont protect nothing, your heart could easily be shot and kill you.....no point for armor there then.

Wow I went off topic.

If you really want to make a custom female spartan, than do this. Mold the girl's body in plaster and make a positive mold, she can lay down for a couple of hours if she wants armor that will fit her perfect. Then from there, you could custom make pieces from cardstock or carve clay around her body's mold.

HI ya, well im from the UK as well and i would recomend, if you want it on the cheap.
have a look on www.yell.com and search of fibre glass in your area, there usally is a fibreglass workshop near by. if you want it cheaper again, you can use fibreglass tissue, it may take 2 or 3 layers but its very easy to work with and a hell of alot cheaper, i.e £10 of 4m2.

and as for all the other equipment you need, sure there must be shops like halfors or diy motor spares around?? there you can get all the fillers and tools you could need.

if there is any thing else you need let me know.

Demon 2005

Lol yeah my costume would be no where near as revealing as that! I just wanted something with a bit of originality and difference =D

Thanks for the help though guys :)

I think That costume would rock!! And its not like you would wear it all day so your boobs would'nt chafe and if you have chafey boobs just use lotion

AoBfrost said:
There arent any.

There are no models to base off a female, because all female spartans wear the same uniform, Vexona is a good example. The only proud pep spartan female so far. (unless there are more)

Btw, what spartan has the nerve to show his/her body in such a provocitive way? Plus it wont protect nothing, your heart could easily be shot and kill you.....no point for armor there then.

Wow I went off topic.

If you really want to make a custom female spartan, than do this. Mold the girl's body in plaster and make a positive mold, she can lay down for a couple of hours if she wants armor that will fit her perfect. Then from there, you could custom make pieces from cardstock or carve clay around her body's mold.

I saw these pics before. this is a figuring thats only 12" tall.

DarkDreamer1 said:

You could make the armor parts like on the action figures. Instead of all the skin showing, just make a body tight undersuit, as the undersuit is what I believe generates the shields right?

-Magnum

None of that really makes sense, though the undersuit does help.
Without the undersuit, you wouldn't have the crystalline layer that amplifies force, but if you have that, and a figure like THAT, you're one dead Spartan, because if you bend over it'll just snap the oh-so-skinny waist in half.
The undersuit would also keep certain -cough- other bits of the undeniably attractive figure out of the way in combat, though, so it makes far more sense.
Sorry to go Halo nerd on you here, but it all seems very illogical. I think Vexona had the right idea with her normal Mjolnir.

Somehow, the keyphrase for female armour has always been 'less is more'. Though appealing in many ways, not very practical in combat (unless you're facing a dozen or so male enemies who haven't seen a woman for weeks...but that's besides the point right now).

I say: go for a full mjolnir armour set, adjust for curves where needed and if somebody wants to know if you're male or female, they'll ask (or just paint your suit pink :p ).

hmm, you would have to mold your boobs then create the armor in that shape only slightly less in size to make a firm fit.

In fact, I just had the idea that you could simply mold your entire chest area, then use the finished model as a base for the armor, since it was molded on you, it would already fit, all you would need to do is cut it up on the sides a bit, and add straps, then simply add on to the base of your chest, and if you want to show off your cleavage, you could chop up the center. That wouldn't be right by itself though, since the basic PEP parts are made to look bulky, and are made to fit a male as far as bulky-ness goes (they look strong and powerful, not curvy and femanine) so you would also want to somehow thin the rest of the armor (minus the helmet....ok maybe the helmet too) to fit with the "Theme".

Also, practical or not, I would really love to see a female 405th-er wearing this thing, then we can mail it to the 501st to show off XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back