War Machine Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
dubean33 said:
Sorry buddy! didn't mean to steal your thunder or anything! Keep it up with the unfolding. It can be tricky but it gets easier the more ya do it!

no prob man, you guys have been doing this longer than i have so its only natural that you would be quicker and better at at.

Keep up the awesome work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job dubean. Thanks alot. I can't wait to see it pepped either. Maybe when I get through modeling it, I'll start building it. Until then, back to modeling. :D

i have just finished the chest.... i did not change the scale as set by the unfolder..... my height is only 5 feet and 5 inches... i think it is good for my height...

P090210_0123-1.jpg

about the back, will it fit if i print it(there's a slight different with their scale) or i have to scale it down a little?

le-yo-ra said:
i have just finished the chest.... i did not change the scale as set by the unfolder..... my height is only 5 feet and 5 inches... i think it is good for my height...

P090210_0123-1.jpg

about the back, will it fit if i print it(there's a slight different with their scale) or i have to scale it down a little?

I am not exactly sure.. haha. I scaled it only slightly larger because the back piece is larger, but it was purely a guess. I am not sure how much bigger it should be.

edit: I did some quick math and i think the back piece for the scale le-yo-ra used should be at 378.

JUICE said:
That was fast! Whatever you scale the chest to, set the scale factor to the same number for the back.

thanks juice i'll adjust it now and print it asap..... and i'll post pics of chest and back after. see yah all...

MAN...YOUR WORK IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!

I'm trying to unfold the back piece and I found some errors that need to be corrected (I'm not criticizing, I'm just helping ^^)

Here they are:

a polygon that has been lost:

erro1.jpg
erro11.jpg

some messy polygons (both sides):

erro2.jpg

and some edges that do not match:

erro3.jpg

I noticed those too during my unfold but completely forgot to ask JUICE about them. Slightly inconvenient they are, the fix is rather simple. For my unfold, just copy triangle shape on page 4 and glue it to the other side of the pep model. As for the spine, when i unfolded it, it gave me two small identical rectangles but with flaps on only one side. I simply deleted one rectangle and moved the flaps to the other rectangle. Seeing as how this will make little sense, here are some pictures. hahha

2 of the four tabs will have no corresponding attachment point, but it will be quite obvious as to where it goes. I hope this clears any confusion up

yeah the triangle on the other side was none,hehehe, glad we could trace in the cut out,and not too difficult for trouble-shooting. almost half of the back is done post pic after finishing the whole back...later

Juice, you're doing such a magnificent job man! And dubean, fantastic unfold. You guys should be proud of yourselves. Without people like you guys, us Iron Man fans would be nowhere.

Thanks! yeah JUICE has made some great models and they were very easy to unfold. Lots of big square shapes :) I have only unfolded a few things before these, but i am getting better!

And to JUICE, not to rush you or anything!! I am just totally curious as to where you are with your modeling for War Machine.

Haha. As long as you're happy. :D

Edit: I guess alot of people are happy about it. There have been over 300 downloads of these files already.

oops i should have made it a little more clear. Im wondering how far along you are on your model and what you are working on now. Just looking forward to your next release is all

JUICE said:
Haha. As long as you're happy. :D

Edit: I guess alot of people are happy about it. There have been over 300 downloads of these files already.

Hey juice your stuff is awesome i was curious since you are redoing the helmet i wanted to know are you planing to have the gab coves like it is in the movie.... cause i am adding a switch to use for it when it closes presses a button and eyes light up

Oh, ok. I'm halfway through with the HD shoulder. I should be finished with it tonight or tomorrow.

Neoproks---- I don't think there is a bigger Iron Man fan than me here. I have a massive, I mean HUGENANOMOUS Iron Man collection. :D I'm mainly doing this for my own obsession and to build my skills with 3D, but I don't mind sharing with the people that have shared so much with me.

Leo---- "gab coves"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back