War Machine Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cleric said:
Agreed on the forearms needing to be a bit bigger, that's at the normal 1.9 scale eh?

Also, that mannequin-esque thing, while it seems like it'd be immensely helpful, is absolutely terrifying!. It's like Rhodey the headless war machine is coming FOR REVENGE!

he scaled them at 1.6 if you checked the earlier page, 1.9 would ideal for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
ya ty stealth, the arms are 1.6 cause I thought 1.9 was to big. I'm going to do the arms at 1.9 again. The rest of the suit is done at 1.9 and thighs and cod at 2.2 lol I got bigger thighs

ok now lets see some gatling gun action Juice and missle pod now that would be cool but i was thinking of useing the pvc build that some guy did on the forums, what should i do for missile pod scratch build it ?

Deathcoreknight said:
ok now lets see some gatling gun action Juice and missle pod now that would be cool but i was thinking of useing the pvc build that some guy did on the forums, what should i do for missile pod scratch build it ?

Thats what Im doing.

llinformerll said:
I believe he is talking about this one.

ah, yes, i can take a look, but someone else should too.

EDIT: starting to separate the model, but there are like 24 different piece, 9 of which may not be necessary. needless to say, this could take a while.

about replicating War Machine's Armour metal when done.

why i was looking for under suit info for my Cyberman post.

I found this that may help you all.

"In order to ge the "brushed" metal look, Neill and his team instead used the cold cast method where real aluminum powder is added to polyester resin, which is then added to the mould (and subsequently backed with fiberglass). The ration of real aluminium powder to the resin is 1.5 to 1 so certainly by weight there's a lot of metal in it."

But does this cost a lot ?

unheared said:
about replicating War Machine's Armour metal when done.

why i was looking for under suit info for my Cyberman post.

I found this that may help you all.

"In order to ge the "brushed" metal look, Neill and his team instead used the cold cast method where real aluminum powder is added to polyester resin, which is then added to the mould (and subsequently backed with fiberglass). The ration of real aluminium powder to the resin is 1.5 to 1 so certainly by weight there's a lot of metal in it."

But does this cost a lot ?

I thought that this was a good I dea and was looking into it. A pound of aluminum powder is about $20. It also hardens the outside layer, not sure by how much but I guess its big enough for the advertisers of the product to state it. I would use it with the black pigment I have for my resin, therefore no need to paint. Yay, one less step! lol.

ironerd said:
Has anyone decided what they are going to do for the actual hand part? Anyone find a glove that could work, or pep files?

I found a glove that is using pep files. Here is the link: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23894&st=0. It is on the first page in post #1 and scroll down a bit. They only have the right hand for now and I can't get it to unfold right. Any ideas? I could use the help.

Darth Scruffy said:
I found a glove that is using pep files. Here is the link: http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23894&st=0. It is on the first page in post #1 and scroll down a bit. They only have the right hand for now and I can't get it to unfold right. Any ideas? I could use the help.

Down to the glove already? Just kidding :lol Here's the glove, you'll have to flip it for the other hand.

Finhead said:
Down to the glove already? Just kidding :lol Here's the glove, you'll have to flip it for the other hand.

ok the hand obj i got was cool but its the guy who made the war machine outifite useing a iron man armor and painted it black im trying to find it but yah idk wht to do or say really lost words just wondering if any one is making the missile pod im trying to scratch build but ehh failed

Finhead said:

Thanks man! I just want to make sure that I have all the pieces. That way I can get it done as soon as I can. Just like a puzzle, you can't put it together unless you have all the pieces. :D Of course I always start with the corners and outside pieces.

I'd like to say these files are GREAT!!!! Can't wait for the rest of them.I have all these printed and craftrobo'ed out.Just wait for the other pieces do I can build it all at the same time.Thank you so much Juice for creating this for everyone.And dubean33 for all the work you put into unfolding these for everyone. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back