WAR MACHINE HIGH-DEF Pepakura files TEAM-UP second try

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've transfered to the other side of the pond and having problem with materials here... but cardstock,very available,LOL.... you can add/view me

eorlitofang@yahoo.com (facebook account,email account)

i can help with unfolding... but i go on line every tuesday and friday only, for uploading the files(if there are)... good luck to us...

just wondering mate, "the other side of the pond" is something the Aussie and Kiwi guys say, are you based in that(this) part of the world? if so I can probably guide you with where to source materials.

If you need a 3d model that is correct, check out this,
. autodesk has a file out of Warmachine and its high-def

Last edited by a moderator:
Really?
I'm an Ex pat (English) dont ever recall hearing it there :)
only ever heard the kiwi and aussies refer to the Tasman as the "pond" or "Ditch"

That file was made by the moddeler explaining the what he does in the video, it doesn't have the model already in there as he explained within the first 2 minures!

please please PLEASE help!

ok, i have been following this thread since a couple of days after it was mentioned that high res files of WM were on the way. i even stopped working on my other WM suit to use these files. i have the helmet finished from the older high res files but i have run into a snag. i have been told that the scale for this set is roughly 3.82ft. i suck at scaling, never really got the hang of it. would someone please please PLEASE be kind enough to do the conversions for me to let me know what to set the scale to for someone who is 6'2" and 225lbs with an average body type?

i would be forever in their debt and my suit making career could continue and my Pepping skill would start leveling again. these files are just too damn amazing for me to screw up 5-20 times by not knowing the proper scale to fit. i have tried to figure it out but something just doesnt seem right when i do. thanks in advance to whomever can lend me a hand on this.

DAMN!!!!!!!! it looks awsome but it has a lot of tiny details that will be imposible to pep!
ill downloaded and see if it can be worked out so it can be peppable.
ill keep you guys posted.

DAMN!!!!!!!! it looks awsome but it has a lot of tiny details that will be imposible to pep!
ill downloaded and see if it can be worked out so it can be peppable.
ill keep you guys posted.

for some reason i cant open the file. ill be upgrading to 3ds max 2012 and ill see if i can open it after that.:(

i hate to beg but i will if i need to. i am horribly shitty at scaling and i dont want to have to make every piece of couple of times in order to get the scale right. please please PLEASE! i would owe whomever helped me a huge favor. 6'2", 225lbs with an average build, scale to resize these files to in order to fit. i feel so silly for having to ask help with this, but i want to get the scale right so when i Pep then glass it it will all be perfect.

(on his knees) ... pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee ....

Hey Deathbox, not sure how much response you'll get asking for someone to size it for you. I could make a stab at it, but just height and weight really isn't enough to go on. When I size my armor, I take about 45 measurements, plug it into a spreadsheet, and then check the model against my measurements to see if I need to "tweek" the original model for it to work.
I am 6'3" and 275 lbs, so you could say my build is "thick", and my Spartan armor didn't need any model tweeking, but I think the Warmachine files will for anyone not THIN in my opinion, but since not all the files are out yet, I haven't even started sizing them for me yet.

i hate to beg but i will if i need to. i am horribly shitty at scaling and i dont want to have to make every piece of couple of times in order to get the scale right. please please PLEASE! i would owe whomever helped me a huge favor. 6'2", 225lbs with an average build, scale to resize these files to in order to fit. i feel so silly for having to ask help with this, but i want to get the scale right so when i Pep then glass it it will all be perfect.

Its part of this, you will rebuild stuff. Also, begging is almost as bad as "I can haz armor?"

ok it's other side of the earth, i'm in some island here in the Philippines....
it's

leorlitofang@yahoo.com

sorry for wrong spelling and some wrong terms guys....peace....

death box it's more like we are doing this scaling with several trials and errors, be patient and you will be rewarded.....

i didnt realize there was so much that went into sizing. its not like i havent tried before, i have, many times. 99% of the time i dont need help with anything but i cant seem to get the hang of scaling Pep files. what i was planning on doing was seeing if someone could scale it for me or show me how since these files build a roughly 3'10" War Machine and im slightly taller, lol. oh well, i guess ill have to trial and error build it a handful of times. thanks anyway.

First off, guys, the armor is looking great. Keep up the fantastic work.:D

Secondly, Deathbox, begging is defintely not the way you get anything around here. You should just keep building until you get it right. Also, you really need to watch your language when on the forum man. There are plenty of other words other than profanity.

P.S.
A tip for scaling if you haven't tried it already. I use a forward facing reference picture of the armor I am making. If I am making say... a shin, look at the pic to see how it would sit in reference to my body. Then measure that specific body part, i.e. my shin, convert that measurement to mm, usually heighth or width for me, plug it into pep designer, lay out the parts again, save, and print. This should get you pretty close if your measurements are on. Hang in there man, you'll get it.:)

One other thing you could try deathbox, start with a low poly version or just a piece of the pep that will determine the overall size of the finished piece, print that out in PepDesigner, and see if that is the correct size. Do you have a 3-d modeling program and know how to use it? You could add "braces" or something to the model of the piece, print those out, and then you'll know for sure if your size/scale is set right.

One thing about PepDesigner is you can only adjust overall scale, not scale in one direction only. That's why I end up modifying the original model if say the length is right, but the width or depth is off.

Just a few ideas so you don't have to waste a bunch of Card stock.

thanks, i now have a starting point, thats all i wanted. as for the "begging", it was a sarcastic and funny statement. i wasnt literally begging, that would be degrading. think about it, a grown man on his knees begging with snot dribbling down his face and tears and stuff, its pure comedy, lol. i sometimes forget humor and sarcasm doesnt translate very well into text.

as for profanity, the word "****" is actually not pprofanity, it has a past, present and future tense and is gramatically correct and only given a negative connotation because of past conservatives who labeled certain words as profain without any just cause. think about it, "crap" is o but "****" isnt even though they mean the exact same thing. sorry for the rant, im very tired, lol. no offense meant to anyone.

thanks for the help again, i really do appreciate it! <----- not sarcasm, lol.

does anyone know how to add the tab ID numbers to the Pep files? ... the numbers that show which edges line up with which edges.

hay!!i can help with something!
ok Deathbox. open pepakura designer... click the 2D menu up top and check the "show edge id" by clicking on it... the numbers will show when you print

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back