Warhammer 40K Space Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge said:
Wow, so I can expect a whole bunch more custom armour files now Chwbcc? Just kidding...sort of. I haven't had a real close look at the chest file yet, but I will.

I'm not really a fan at all of the Tau, but of course I got the file. Haven't had a real good look at that yet either lol.

Hey I'm getting better at Maya, so start putting in your requests! I have started a Tau Fire Warrior suit. I posted a shoulder already somewhere, and I got bored so I started working on a Tau Rifle but some of the detail is giving me trouble... And I know it just mu Noobish mind not understanding something but when I get it WATCH OUT!!!

:Lol

I will eventually get back to developing the Eldar Pieces I started. I have to redo the ones I posted so they are easier to Pep. The good news is I am understanding the relationship between Pep and Maya alot better. So look for some better files in the future.

Edit: I got my first warning here! LOL I sort of feel offended and yet I want to wear it like a badge of honor is that so wrong? :lol And I don't even know what I did wrong so I can't fix it! lalalala...

Last edited by a moderator:
chwbcc said:
Edit: I got my first warning here! LOL I sort of feel offended and yet I want to wear it like a badge of honor is that so wrong? :lol And I don't even know what I did wrong so I can't fix it! lalalala...

You should probably pm a mod about that, because if you're been given a warning and haven't been told why something's up. It's standard forum procedure to tell people why the warning was issued

Tango 89er said:
You should probably pm a mod about that, because if you're been given a warning and haven't been told why something's up. It's standard forum procedure to tell people why the warning was issued

I'm not too worried about it. It will drop off after a set time limit and in the end it really doesn't matter. I could just email Adam and get it taken care of but it's actually funnier more than anything. Of all the positive support and suggestions I've made the people who follow me know who I am and would laugh at this like I am...

OK back on topic though,

I have to run across the state to drop off some camera equipment for my dad, but when I get back I am going to start working on set of basic shoulders to go with my chest, I want to reduce the trim a little and play with the proportions on a scale model. And then I'm going to work on some Legs with Knee caps.

I am going to fit all of these pieces on a scale figure and adjust the files so they are wearable and still look good.

So I'll be bacn in a bout 3 hours and You should see some new files later tonight or tomorrow!

Ok here is what I have been messing with since last night... Or has it been early this morning? It's not perfect and I need someone to work on the Pep files but it's a start.

Chwbcc-Space-Marine---Space-Wolves-Helm.jpg

I'm going to make a few changes to it but If anyone is interested I will post it when I am done.

SO here is the Rough version and I will have a better version with supports and some clean up done, later tonight.

Space Marine - Helm - Space Wolves

Peace,

Contact the Inquisition, we have a psyker on the loose!

Seriously chwbcc, it's like your reading my mind and seeing my 'things I want made into a pepakura file' list. First the Eldar helmets, and now this. :p

Tango 89er said:
Contact the Inquisition, we have a psyker on the loose!

Seriously chwbcc, it's like your reading my mind and seeing my 'things I want made into a pepakura file' list. First the Eldar helmets, and now this. :p

LOL, I think you and I are on the same page... If it's Cool then it needs to be built. I think a lot of the appeal about 40K is the armor, I have seen the rules change so much over the past 20 years, and the part I love the most are the models and the unique suits of armor.

I'm not proud of the Space Wolves Pep, I am still missing something. It looks odd still but as I get better using Maya I will get better models.

Here is a peak at what I am working on now.

WIP---Grey-Knight-Cover.jpg

This is a proportional Space Marine Suit Built from scratch so all the pieces should fit and work together on an average person.

I'm trying to keep it simple so other can modify these peps to resemble any chapter they wish. I am also taking creative liberty because the miniatures are not created proportionally to a real person. (lore and legend about the height and size are irrelevant, even if this was scaled to the God-like size of 7' the chest, arms and abs are not proportional even at that size. There is no way anyone's arms could span the width of the chest piece as it is created in the models or in many of the illustrations I have found.)

So these suits are going to be as close as possible to the originals but designed to fit a human properly and comfortably. Once I have the proper scaled pieces created I will be able to create even more accurate pieces we can wear.

Note: I called this a Grey Knight in the image name but it is actually a Black Templar Helm.

So Tango what would you like to see next?

the God-like size

Lol

egoshooter.jpg

Note: I called this a Grey Knight in the image name but it is actually a Black Templar Helm.

It's fairly easy to make a grey knight helmet. You don't even need to make most of the helmet. You just replace the faceplates with a long piece of paper, folded in the middle.

01s.jpg

Space Wolves are awesome! Back in my gaming days I had a complete Space Wolves army. Got about half of them painted, then got married and didnt have time for it anymore and gave the whole collection to a friend. Excellent choice !!!

chwbcc said:
So Tango what would you like to see next?

I'm honoured you'd even ask that. The wrist mounted stormbolter and nemesis force weapon (halberd) that the Grey Knights use would be super cool. Power fists and lightning claws are also high on my 'do want' list. But personally, what I think would be awesome would be Sisters of Battle armour. But do whatever you decide. As long as you keep producing awesome files, I'll keep downloading them

At to Space Wolf helm you created, I think I know what that something missing is. The 'jaw' of your helm suggests a snarling, fang bearing pose, but of course there's no teeth on your model. Or maybe I'm looking at it wrong

Tango 89er said:
I'm honoured you'd even ask that. The wrist mounted stormbolter and nemesis force weapon (halberd) that the Grey Knights use would be super cool. Power fists and lightning claws are also high on my 'do want' list. But personally, what I think would be awesome would be Sisters of Battle armour.

Take a look at this album. Power fist, and sisters armor. Can't remember the forum these were posted in, though.

I ran into the same problem with my pepped chest....not enough supports. So now it's become a hybrid build. Pep what parts i can and scratch build the rest.

well the only area I found that really needed supports is the bottom and I put some in the arm wells also,.. after resining mine (well still curing) I noticed the bottom was warping w/ the weight of the resin even double lined so I printed out now bottom cuff pieces attached the 2 that needed the most support to a pizza box and the others to a dp box then cut them out and hotglued them in to the already hardening pieces, thing is now super rigid

Slackers all of us!!! It's good to hear everyone is still alive and well though.

Progress has been slow on my front as well, but I wanted to post an update and give this a little thread bump in case new members might have some ideas or suggestion or just some general interest in our budding 405th Space Marine Clan.

I mentioned in Judge's Thread that I am not happy with my second version on my Beakie helm. I think my frustration is really just looking at it for so long and not having any way to fix the flaws I see in it. Mentality this is not normally like me because, if you have followed my Master Chief WIP thread you know that I promoted the idea of simply covering up the flaws with distressed painting techniques...

That suit was for my daughter and she could care less. This suit is a little more personal and I have to remember, it's just a costume and I am just starting out so I have to keep pressing forward and get through the first suit and worry about perfecting things when I build my second or third suit... But at this rate I will never get to those if I stall now and forget the goal... My own Space Marine Suit!

So I bought a new printer cartridge and I am going to scale and print a new chest file. As you have seen I started working on a scaled Space Marine in MAYA. I'm going to start testing these files and see where it takes me.

So here's to getting back in the saddle and up up and away!

its good to see ya back in the saddle so to speak,.. and I havnt been slacking :pI've got my chest and shoulders bondo'ed up and primed

and a bunch of parts built,.. but I'm honestly thinking of rebuilding some of the parts because I know how to work w/ bondo better now

it'll yeild something smoother,.. then I waffle and think the same thing you said how I just need to get it finished worry bout it the

next time, as of may I'll have 4 months to finish 2 suits w/ help from a friend but also as of may semesters over I'm taking summer off

so I have 4 whole months of near uninterrupted time to work, just trying to decide what to do (yeah Im rambling) so post of pic of wherer yer

@ if its any different then before we'll compare notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back