Warhammer 40K Space Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendude said:
Amancue did you get my PM with the TechMarine Helm file?

oh yes I did :) and thanks, though it appears you used the original file I sent you not the new one where you asked things to be separated,. since noticed some of the differences

I hade made between the 2,.. anyways thanks, I should be made shortly wooo one step closer to a Space Marine for D*C '10

Last edited by a moderator:
Gald your back :D

and keep working on that space marine, because I want to see you in a CON with it, then I will Tea-bag you with my Spartan Armor :p

Alex spartan177 said:
Gald your back :D

and keep working on that space marine, because I want to see you in a CON with it, then I will Tea-bag you with my Spartan Armor :p

Ahhhhh LOL

So who would win that fight Master Chief vs a Space Marine? I'd have to say a Space Marine, but I'm partial! :lol

chwbcc said:
Ahhhhh LOL

So who would win that fight Master Chief vs a Space Marine? I'd have to say a Space Marine, but I'm partial! :lol

Neither, First, They'd look at each other for a few seconds. Then they'd run at each other at high speed, when they're almost at each other, they stop, look again for a few seconds, take a few steps forward, man-hug and go out for tea and talk about how awesome they are.

Roadwarrior said:
Neither, First, They'd look at each other for a few seconds. Then they'd run at each other at high speed, when they're almost at each other, they stop, look again for a few seconds, take a few steps forward, man-hug and go out for tea and talk about how awesome they are.

Well played....well played ....

:lol

Ahhhhh LOL

I figure the Space Marine would win. As much as I love Spartans, they are basically Astartes version 1.0. The SM has a lot more enhancement (second heart, solid chestplate, as well as 39,000 years of more advanced technology, like ceramite!). BUT, I do also agree that they would probably have more fun beating the snot out of some orks together!

UPDATE:

I scraped together a bit of month $7.00 to be exact and I headed out to Joann Fabrics today and picked up three things that I need to create the Neck cowl.

1 Yard of black gauze fabric (it's like and airy so I won't over heat while wearing it.

1 Yard of Black covered Boning

1 pkg 18" self sticky Velcro

1) I folded one edge of the fabric over about an 1" and pinned it then sewed a nice straight line down the piece. This is creating the pocket for the boning.

2) Tape off the tip of the boning and feed it thought the pocket you just sewed

3) Fold the fabric backwards so the boning makes a tear shape instead of a circle.

4) Pin the edges together and sew a seam about 10" down the edge.

5) turn the piece right side out and you are finished.

Put the cowl over your head with the boning on top.

Put your helmet on and tuck the boning into the helm.

This is one way to do this.

One could also use the velcro to stick the cowl inside the helm better and use the boning side inside the chest piece. Or you could use boning on both ends it really is up to you.

I prefer this way because I can remove the helm and then pull the cowl over my head as a hood so I can diversify my look.

Check out the picks:

IMG_1460_Edit.jpg

IMG_1462_Edit.jpg

IMG_1464_Edit.jpg

IMG_1465_Edit.jpg

IMG_1466_Edit.jpg

IMG_1467_Edit.jpg

IMG_1470_Edit.jpg

Alex spartan177 said:
It looks great man :D

BTW

isnt that the itchy fabric? or is it the smooth silky one???

I cant really tell in the pics :p

It's not silky soft like a polyester but it is still soft. And it breathes well so it should be cooler than a thick cotton.

Ok Gang the day after I said I was back working on my WIP... my computer crashed. Now everything is back up and running at full capsity. And this morning I just got my password back from Tamasoft for my Pepakura. Yay the support at Tamasoft is awesome!

As you all know I am working on a Scaled version of the suit now. I have based all of my 3d files on the actual miniatures and then resized them to fit a proportional human. Here is the first part of the new design the shoulder.

Space Marine ~ Shoulder

These are scaled to 330 Millimeters tall based on a 6'4" Marine (my size)

I have yet to print and pep so if there is anyone who hasn't started a Marine would like a try at it let me know!

On a side note how is everyone doing on thier WIP?

I've been working on a Terminator Variant in Maya this past week. I really liked the reference I found for the head. It's not standard but it holds some of the Bulldog qualities I like in the originals but has a rough steampunk feel... And it was easy to make a pretty cool Chaos version for it for all you heritics out there!

Here are some pics:

Terminator---Basic---Helm.png

Terminator---Basic---Upper---Body.png

Terminator---Basic---Helm---Chaos.png

Space Marine Progress:

I have finished the proportional scaling of the Grey Knight Models I was working on. I will start to clean up some of the lines and post the PDOs by this weekend. I'm not happy with the lower legs so I will start posting the upper body parts so you all can check it out.

Let me know what you all think of this version of the Terminator?

Did someone say Grey Knights? OMG! I would to make an attempt on that! Terminator is looking good mate, I wonder how many sheets of Cardstock you'll need to build that!

Hello, chwbcc.

Well I must comment on what an awesome project your on and also how good it is looking.

The idea of a GK suit is certainly making my heart skip.

The reason I am here is to tell you I am an ex-Games Workshop staff member here in the UK (Yes, Warhammer World is cool and as big as it looks in the photos), because of this I have a lot of artifact type stuff including a Purity Seal mould.

I will post pics soon for you as my Jesmonite is still hardening.............

*Makes the sign of the Aquilla* For the Emperor!!

S_N

I have to say I'm happy to see your back on your Space Marine project, as I felt everyone else who had originally started one when I did, bailed :) (I know real life can be a bitch) anyways great work and you beat me to the Termi, that was going to be my next project after I finished the TechMarine cant wait too see it progress

strandedninja said:
Hello, chwbcc.

Well I must comment on what an awesome project your on and also how good it is looking.

The idea of a GK suit is certainly making my heart skip.

The reason I am here is to tell you I am an ex-Games Workshop staff member here in the UK (Yes, Warhammer World is cool and as big as it looks in the photos), because of this I have a lot of artifact type stuff including a Purity Seal mould.

I will post pics soon for you as my Jesmonite is still hardening.............

*Makes the sign of the Aquilla* For the Emperor!!

S_N

I would love to see them when they are done! I too am an Ex-Marine from GW. My time was short lived due to mismanagement but that is history. I had a second chance but had to turn it down because of money. (But it was good to know that it wasn't my fault though... And I'd go back in a heart beat now that my finances are stable.) I love the hobby. It was a really big part of who I was growing up.

You wouldn't happen to a random power-lance for my Grey Knight laying around som where? :) Figured out what I am building next!

Amancue... I'm here money is coming in again and paying the bills is top on the wife's list of things to do... I think she needs better priorities. Card stock and fiberglass are on the top of mine!

Any word from Judge? I would have expected him to finish before all of us!

And did you see that Chaos Termie Helm? That's for you if you want it. I haven't put it in .PDO format yet but I can if you want it. Otherwise I'll get to it eventually.

chwbcc said:
I would love to see them when they are done! I too am an Ex-Marine from GW. My time was short lived due to mismanagement but that is history. I had a second chance but had to turn it down because of money. (But it was good to know that it wasn't my fault though... And I'd go back in a heart beat now that my finances are stable.) I love the hobby. It was a really big part of who I was growing up.

You wouldn't happen to a random power-lance for my Grey Knight laying around som where? :) Figured out what I am building next!

Amancue... I'm here money is coming in again and paying the bills is top on the wife's list of things to do... I think she needs better priorities. Card stock and fiberglass are on the top of mine!

Any word from Judge? I would have expected him to finish before all of us!

And did you see that Chaos Termie Helm? That's for you if you want it. I haven't put it in .PDO format yet but I can if you want it. Otherwise I'll get to it eventually.

not in a while he chimed in sometime last month I think, and yeah fiberglass,resin & bondo are on the tops of mine still :) trying to finish up my shins and thighs, then I'll be near finished

S_N

Either! :) I acutally need good reference photos of the minis to build it in Maya. But I know you guys across the pond build really cool stuff just to show off to us Americans. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back