Weapon help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lhk97

I'm making a frag grenade and need an idea of how to get the bumps on it. I'm making it with a hockey ball (basicly a plastic tennis ball) and a few bottle caps. I am using duck tap to hold it all togeather, then a few layers of paper mache for strentgh, then some hockey tape for a good surface to put bondo on. Now somewhere in all the chaos I need to put the bumps in. Should I just sculpt them in using the bondo, or put them on with card stock or something?

Also I can't post in Weapon Discussion so no flaming for posting it here.

I'd say going for the card option would be quicker and cheaper, but since it's on a round surface bondo may be easier, and wth the right tools could achieve much more accurate detail over card.
Personally I use a house hold filler that when dry can be carved and chisselled away, its extremely strong and cheap and if you mix it with the lowest water part recommended its easy to apply too.
Hope any of that helps

To add effect of a working gernade for me i would add like 2-3 LED lights on the ball shape and make it look like its going to explode.

sinjiki said:
To add effect of a working gernade for me i would add like 2-3 LED lights on the ball shape and make it look like its going to explode.

Frag son, frag

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back