Weapon Scales

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjon

Jr Member
Does anyone know where to get the weapon scales (height width depth etc)

e.g. i have a length for the plasma rifel of 66cm this can't be right can it? the AR is 87cm ???

Is there a good source where i can check these with?

madjon said:
Does anyone know where to get the weapon scales (height width depth etc)

e.g. i have a length for the plasma rifel of 66cm this can't be right can it? the AR is 87cm ???

Is there a good source where i can check these with?

I suggest mulling around WWW.HALO.WIKIA.COM in the weapon areas of the articles

Last edited by a moderator:
yoshijedi said:
I suggest mulling around WWW.HALO.WIKIA.COM in the weapon areas of the articles

Keep in mind however that you are scaling your armor down from the in game size, so to remain proportional, you must also scale down the weapons

Why do i have to scale down the weapons??

That does not make sense.

i'm scaling the armour so that it fits me. if the plasma rifel is 66cm then thats the size of it. i'm not making a scale model i going to make a 1:1 model.

he means if you want to look in prepotion to your gun you need to scale it, otherwise your just guna look like a mini mister cheif with an oversized gun.

ever noticed captan keys holding the plasma rifle? its the size of his torso!

Exactly... The Chief is 7 foot tall, if you are 6 foot tall, you are slightly smaller than the in game chief...

To make it appear as though the weapons are the same size compared to your armor as they are in the game, you must also scale them correctly..

Its like movie magic... dame way the make Arnold or Tom cruise seem like they are tall, when they are actually 5'7"... its an illusion..

Anyway, scaling down the weapons is only minor... you don't have to do anything I say, its just merely and informed opinion...

When I scaled down the Spiker I made I just made it so it looked right when a person of normal size holds it. You can grab a screen capture from the game and use your pc to change sizes of it and print it out. You will use multiple sheets of paper and you will need to cut and tape them together until you get it the right size for you. That will also give you a great reference photo to work from during your build. Its better than putting a ton of time into something to realize the scale is off.

Personally i'll be making them 1:1 size. in my own opinion if we were a part of the UNSC with our scaled armour they won't be so kind as to scale down the AR or Sniper so they looked right for our size.

Do they do this for the army or navy? scaled ships for the smaller people.

Do they do this for the army or navy? scaled ships for the smaller people
hehe that'd be funny. but if your doing spartan armour, then you probably should scale it down so it looks kinda like you are 7 feet tall. but thats my opinion

Your missing the point... we are saying scale it down to be proportional in size to the character you are portraying... if you dressed up like a transformer, but carried around a transformer sized weapon, would you not look silly...

This is the last I have to say on it... do what you will... its a matter of opinion to scale the weapons to be proportional to your armor so your chief doesn't appear like a runt... or leave them full size, and the you will look like the little person.

Do what ever you want... :D post some pics when you are finished...

Spase said:
Your missing the point... we are saying scale it down to be proportional in size to the character you are portraying... if you dressed up like a transformer, but carried around a transformer sized weapon, would you not look silly...

This is the last I have to say on it... do what you will... its a matter of opinion to scale the weapons to be proportional to your armor so your chief doesn't appear like a runt... or leave them full size, and the you will look like the little person.

Do what ever you want... :D post some pics when you are finished...

If you don't scale it down it will be way big and you will struggle to carry...

I had to scrap my shotgun because of that happening...

IMHO you need to scale the weapons. In the game world these weapons are built around the average person -- in this case a UNSC Marine (95th percentile to those of you familiar with ergonomics). These weapons are not tailored to the Spartans therefore in the hands of a 7ft tall Spartan the AR or pistol should seem slightly toy-like in size. That is why I question the offical spec dimensions given on halopedia and other places and feel justified in scaling. I started to build a pep pistol scaled to the spec length from one of the websites and the grip was huge. If you want to be true to the game world then scale your weapons to fit an average person, look at the grip dimensions of an actual firearm and scale your weapons based on that. Check out my problems with the fit of the sniper rifle.

Just imagine the UNSC Quartermaster issues John-117 his Mjolnir armor in a size X gaunlet, size Z bicep, etc.... but the UNSC Armorer just issues one size weapon and its not size Spartan.

-dwoo

Master Chef said:
Well I'm planning to build the simplified pep AR. Should I scale it down? It didn't look too big on marines in the game!

88cm.

No more, no less.

It's exact scale, and looks perfect. Even on my 5'8 girlfriend.

As was said earlier. If the M16 was built around an average 5'11 height, they don't scale it for a soldier 6'6.
Nor do they reduce for a female at 4'11.

You get what is made. End of story. Do what you want of course, but scaling weapons is REALLY stupid IMO.
Armor needs to fit you, and thus would be made to suit your frame. Weapons on the other hand, do not.

A grenade is a grenade, no matter what your size.

Can't handle it? Then don't use it IMO. :p

Master Chef said:
Thanks! Does that mean it's already at 88cm so I don't/shouldn't scale it?

You'll have to check. I BELIEVE I had to scale mine. If I'm not mistaken, it was like 26.3????

Mess around with the scale, you can get exactly 88cm if you use your decimal place. =P It's not a whole number I know that for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back