Well 2020 hasn't been a great year so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArBiTeR1400

Not a good year so far. :oops:

My home country Australia was on fire, not long after, floods. Iranian General was killed in a US drone strike & in turn Iran fires back with ballistic missiles at two US bases injuring some US soldiers, almost causing a war. Corona-virus was starting to spread from China, Japan had to delay the Olympics because of it, world goes into lock-down to slow the spread. Political turmoil was happening in the US & UK with Trump's Impeachment & Brexit. Now further political unrest with recent protest & rioting caused by a police officer killing George Floyd in his custody. Then finally, just been reading & looking up economics, Australia is now officially in a recession & fearing it will get worse.

The world can't catch a break. Let's hope things get better for everyone very soon, wishing everyone here luck to the world all over, to be safe, sending much love to the Halo community & to your families! <3

(p.s. this isn't a political post, merely stating how bad the year has been for all of us & wishing everyone well here reading this <3.)

Yep. I feel like everyone looked back on 2019 and thought "Thank **** that's over" but now we're not even halfway though 2020 and thinking "...what". Which part of Australia are you from, were you impacted by the fires? I also had no idea we were in a recession, but alas I can't be surprised.

Fires didn't directly affect us where I live in Albury/Wodonga, Riverina region but the smoke was just as bad like it was in Sales area down south-east of Victoria where the fire was heading. Got extremely orange for a week flat & had trouble sleeping because the strong smell of burnt gumtrees. At one time with shifting winds heading north-west, it was rumoured & (my grandpop was former NSW SES captain, he had connections) fearing that along the Hume Highway area like Wangaratta, Albury/Wodonga & surrounding mini-towns to be evacuated like Beechworth, 200,000 plus thousands more who already fled would not been easy if that happen, it would had been a humanitarian disaster but luckily the winds shifted back down south-east. The media was very hush hush about it to not cause further panic. They had to use our town for a base of operations, due to our town being right next to the Hume weir, the only viable water source & around 50km from the fire-danger zones, near hundreds of firetrucks from all over the country came, farmers with 4WDs & their water tankers, helicopters & international water bombers you can hear all day in the sky. It was like warzone. :eek:

Yep. now we are in a recession from a week ago that I read up last night, it's gonna be a lot harder now to get a job. I got the double pay for a few months for being on a Newstart jobseeker allowance so that's a relief for a bit, dumped 800 to get my UNSC Marine armour 3D printed that is still underway, few weeks behind schedule now because his 3D printer had ran into issues, trying to help out my local economy etc. Gonna stash the couple thousand left in savings to go back to TAFE & hopefully get my Ls & buy my first car. :unsure:

Last edited:
Genuinely sorry to hear about your situation.

Not to be insensitive, but we're only halfway through 2020. Let's try to focus on the good things that has happened so far...
... which so far only is this meme:
antman 2020.jpg

Oh jeez, I forgot just how much happened this year before I saw that.
But looking at the positives, I actually did a lot at the start of the year, so I know I am very fortunate. I hope everyone else is also able to focus on the great things that happened for them as well. I'm seeing a lot of great armour builds, so there's that!

Hopefully it will get better. With Destory All Humans remastered coming next month & Halo: Infinite & the next gen consoles at the end of the year & PAX, Danielle is putting something together, most likely a panel for Halo: Infinite here in Australia, Melbourne. Want to try & go in my Marine outfit. Hopefully a job by then, things will look up for me. Currently waiting patiently for my parcels supposedly coming this month & waiting for my armour set to be 3D printed in full while watching tonnes of anime. :lol:

Not to be insensitive, but we're only halfway through 2020. Let's try to focus on the good things that has happened so far...
View attachment 291503

I totally feel this. I saved up a ton of money so I could get a place with my best friend, but between the pandemic and the 2020 elections, everything was super uncertain and we called it off. On the upside, I had $1000 for a new 3D printer that would have been for rent!

I totally feel this. I saved up a ton of money so I could get a place with my best friend, but between the pandemic and the 2020 elections, everything was super uncertain and we called it off. On the upside, I had $1000 for a new 3D printer that would have been for rent!
Awesome, so now you just print yourself a place, right?

View attachment 291503
I only saw 4 panels at first then started scrolling, then scrolled even more... On the bright side we did get Doom Eternal out of 2020

Victoria is in Lockdown 2: Electric boogaloo
Yep. Living on the state border, seeing it all first hand in Wodonga. If only people in Melbourne just follow the rules, we wouldn't be in this mess again.
Things are just getting worse. . .

Last edited:
my Fellow halo peps. i agree with sean 2021 has got to be awesome because 2020 sucked. i had gotten the Covid 19 back in December 2019 because my doctor said he had never seen a virus like this before and i will say i fought it and won now i carry the anti-bodies to fight it. my wife got it shortly after me and she is over the retirement age and she beat it. it is a virus and it can be deadly if you are compromised with a weak Amune system. i lost a friend of mine to it in mid may. And yes Mr Floyd was wrongfully killed by the mistreatment of those officers but i was a police officer for 6 years. and i never mistreated anyone and our chief said anyone who does will be fired on the spot. Here in Michigain and i'm sure other places the kids are very disrespectful and want everything given to them. but i hope everyone wises up and comes together we need unitnity like we have here on the 405th community. there is no color here but the color of our armor.

i was hoping to have a halo party at my house i have a total of 17 acres but some of it is being used by a farmer. but i plan on doing this next summer i have a pool and deck and its in the country but close to a city. so everyone be safe......

my Fellow halo peps. i agree with sean 2021 has got to be awesome because 2020 sucked. i had gotten the Covid 19 back in December 2019 because my doctor said he had never seen a virus like this before and i will say i fought it and won now i carry the anti-bodies to fight it. my wife got it shortly after me and she is over the retirement age and she beat it. it is a virus and it can be deadly if you are compromised with a weak Amune system. i lost a friend of mine to it in mid may. And yes Mr Floyd was wrongfully killed by the mistreatment of those officers but i was a police officer for 6 years. and i never mistreated anyone and our chief said anyone who does will be fired on the spot. Here in Michigain and i'm sure other places the kids are very disrespectful and want everything given to them. but i hope everyone wises up and comes together we need unitnity like we have here on the 405th community. there is no color here but the color of our armor.

i was hoping to have a halo party at my house i have a total of 17 acres but some of it is being used by a farmer. but i plan on doing this next summer i have a pool and deck and its in the country but close to a city. so everyone be safe......

Sorry to hear, mate. :( Hope all is well over in the US.
Glad ya alive & fought that thing, you & your wife. Sounds like fun with planning a Halo party. If I the money & time, I'll fly over & join. :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back