Well I Have Bought Most Of My Material

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampix0

And like most noobs I have questions.

To be honest I think I'm only interested in making a helmet.

I am thinking of using
http://halocostuming.wikia.com/wiki/Pepaku...Mjolnir_Mark_VI
(the one by: DANNIFOOD4LESS ) because it seems to have the most detail.

Now. What is this about scaling? I have to scale the helmet?

Also I have some questions about the actual process...

So I take my fiberglass resin and coat the outside to harden the paper. Then I take that same resin and coat the inside of the helmet with fiberglass cloth. Right? Obviouslyt trying to make it stick to the helmet tightly to preserve detail.

Then I just sand off the paper until I have nothing but fiberglass? Sorry I know the tutorials but before I do this I want to be 100% right.

Once I get that Ill have a ton of questions about paint and mold making lol

Sorry for being such a noob guys XP

Also if anyone knows a great youtube video that REALLY goes into detail (I watched.. about 3) id love to see it

Well seems like you kno where your heading towards and thats good man when ever you get started you should take pics i want to see how ur doing and keep it up

Yes, You have to scale the armor, cause its modeled after who knows what. I also had a hard time figuring out what exactly to do, so I did this. You take your height in inches, add 2 to it, and use that with ROBOgenesis' models. In his models, in the scale window, under 2dpattern>scale, put your combined height into the scale window. From there, itll recalc your height. Take the total height of the item (found in the lower right corner) and put that into the scaling window of the helm you want to use.

you sand your piece just to make it smooth, since the pepakura'd pieces have angles on them, which make them a bit unreal.
so you just have to sand them smooth, you don't have to sand of the whole paper.

what you saw with sanding to the fiberglass is that some angles are too high, sometimes you'll have to sand deeply into the fiberglass

after you scale your helmet and finish it(for the record rundowns and FS's helmets are more high def than DF4L)then you resin the outside and then fiberglass the inside but dont sand through to the fiberglass. affter finishing glassing you then primer it and al lthe high spots down spots and parts that arnt smooth(ie. folds that are created by pep)will appear more vibrant because of the primer. you then use bondo to smooth it out. you apply it in thin coats and then sand the heck away repeating the process till its smooth as a babys bottom. and if you have any queastions feel free to pm me

Ohh ok so i think what your saying it.. The pep will creat a lot of sharp corners so people put body filler on them to make them rounded?

Also what model do you recommend?

I'm still a little confused about scaling. lol

Ampix0 said:
Also what model do you recommend?

use rundowns, its the most in game accurate yet, although flying squirrel's has always had good results

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back