what do i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whocares436

i need to do a method for the inside but i cant use fiberglass cloth or fiberglass by itself could i use the cheap epoxy stuff from hobby lobby that smells like popcorn without a respirator on the outside i used the wood glue method but im pretty much lost for now hope you guys can help:D
P.S. im doing the mark VI helmet by robogenis (forgive me if i spelled it wrong)

you can try the rondo method, doesn't use fiberglass at all, only resin and bondo, I honestly think that'd save you money instead of buying all that epoxy

i need to do a method for the inside but i cant use fiberglass cloth or fiberglass by itself could i use the cheap epoxy stuff from hobby lobby that smells like popcorn without a respirator on the outside i used the wood glue method but im pretty much lost for now hope you guys can help:D
P.S. im doing the mark VI helmet by robogenis (forgive me if i spelled it wrong)

What's the problem with fibreglass? Is it possible that you're mixing up fibreglass and polyester (or "fibreglass") resin?

If toxicity is the reason: Fibreglass itself isn't toxic. Polyester resin is toxic, but not as much as epoxy. I wouldn't use either of them without a respirator. If you want something non-toxic, look into Aqua-Resin.

Regardless of the type of resin you use, you'll pass up on a lot of strength if you don't use fibres for reinforcement.

i have heard of aqua resin but i have no idea where to buy it and i have also heard of smooth on but it costs a lot for a small amount of it

i have heard of aqua resin but i have no idea where to buy it and i have also heard of smooth on but it costs a lot for a small amount of it

Aqua-Resin has a web page with a distributors section. That would be the first place to look. It's not cheap either, though.

Smooth-On is a company that makes a whole range of products for prop making, including several types of resin, none which are non-toxic however.

I did the rondo method and it worked quickly and very nicely, had to wear a respirator though, i almost bought aqua resin but it can be really pricey.

if i wanted to could i possibly do the wood glue method on the inside that would save a ton of time plus the helmets not going to sit directly on my head because im putting foam on the inside of my helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back