What do you use for an undersuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

VolantDegree

So I was looking around and I see a mixture of people wearing spandex to the fancy under suits that you see in the game and was wondering if people have a certain preference to what they want and if it is bought or made by hand.

I use a motocross pressure suit because i think it gives a lot of good detail for the exposed area on the upper body. they are pretty expensive to buy new, so I got mine used real cheap off amazon. only put me $30 in the hole, and well worth it. But it kinda depends on what type of armor you are making. As you already know, Im trying to do MK VI

For ease of wear at cons etc- because being able to go to the toilet without completely stripping down is rather nice- I wear a long sleeved black shirt with compression pants. I also have a pair of compression shorts which I wear over the top that my thigh pieces attach to. Initially my long sleeved shirt was a mesh fabric activewear shirt, then I changed that to a normal long sleeved shirt that had a higher neckline, and I've just replaced that with a different activewear shirt with a better neckline to work with my neck seal. I will be making a full body suit at some stage as it'll be better for photo shoots and short events.

I use black spandex workout gear. Separates are nice because it makes the bathroom situation easier. They are also very comfortable as well, but there's a lot of different options for under suits

Also keep in mind whether you will be wearing the costume in 50F January, or 100F July.
HUGE difference between PAXsouth and RTX cons

I used black vinyl and webbing for much of the visible parts of my undersuit. Under that I wear a Fila training shirt and Fila compression pants.

DSCN1902_zps4655e81d.jpg

DSCN1325_zps0201b4fc.jpg

DSCN1263.jpg

001.jpg

The training shirt and compression pants fit tightly against my body so the vinyl and armor slides on without resistance. And even though it's tight-fitting, it's still comfortable as far as temperatures go; it retains enough body heat to keep me comfortable in fall weather, but breaths enough to keep me comfortable indoors. The vinyl adds a layer of insulation around the midsection as well.

Attachments

• DSCN1902_zps4655e81d.jpg
    DSCN1902_zps4655e81d.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 212
  • DSCN1325_zps0201b4fc.jpg
    DSCN1325_zps0201b4fc.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 195
  • DSCN1263.jpg
    DSCN1263.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 202
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 735
Right now, I use a pair of multicam black BDUs from China under my ODST. Worked well in Atlanta for Dragon Con though it was a little cooler this year. Depends on which build you're going for :) I think it works well for a Marine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back