What do you want in a tutorial?

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is going to be the bes tparty ever.

this is really long to.

awesomeness
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

My tutorial is just focused on the way I made my armor, by fabricating.

Maybe someone else can do the cardboard tutorial... there MUST be someone here who has cardboard skills like nobody else.

;-)

I'd like for everybody to pick their own area of expertise, and write what they can. I was hoping to inspire other members to take their own inititive to follow suit.

-S

id help you guys but all ive ever built really was Sets for plays and musicals. and i've done alot of paintings and i've done 3 masks. ive made jewelry. So i don't really know where i can help

Are you making the tut's in a printable form like a PDF document? with a maybe a scale on them.

Just curious I have run into other tut's like that, and they are nice to work with. Although the boss does get pissed when the toner cartidge suddenly goes dry, along with a ream of paper shows up missing :$ops:

I look forward to seeing the results!

Any teasers/trailers yet u-know kinda of like the first mini clip you saw of the new halo 3 coming out. :shock:

We did a sneak preview a while back, it was essentially the first chapter or two. What I'm covering with this is basic step by step instructions for how I made my armor. I'm not looking to be the be all end all of armor tutorials. In fact I was hoping to inspire others to follow in my footsteps and do thewir own write ups.

Incidentally I maven't made much progress on this for months. I kinda feel I've lost my steam on it due to working on other projects. I'll get my head back in the game, but not until I free up some time to do so.

I apologize for not looking through the other pages but, what about a Finincial estimate on how much the suit would cost to build?

*Note to self* Find part time job.

Sorry to be vague but, anywhere from $20-$5000. Ya know, somewhere around there.

Now to explain, a suit can be made out of many different materials. Some people use cardboard, some fiberglass, some cardstock paper. The list goes on. But as long as you have the patience and a little skill, you can make a suit with any budget.

I like personal tutorials on idividual armors, i think one can study them and create his or her own unique model of the armor.

I have pepakura and I have all the pieces fitted and reprinted on stiffer printer paper, so now what do I do? :hyper: Do i Resin it or fiberglass it?

I'm really glad that you finally have free time to work on/complete this tut & i hope that one day ill be able to contribute enough to our community to gain access.

Thank you for your hard work on this project.

X

It sounds like it's going really well. Keep up the good work, Sean! Hopefully I'll have enough money saved up to buy all the materials by the time you finish the tutorial.

I think that we could turn this into a Wiki. That way, anyone could edit and add there own thing and it would be easily searched and navigated. I'm pretty sure you can make it so only members of the wiki can edit it. I might be able to help with sewing stuff. My girlfriend is trying to start her own clothing line and I'm having her make me a Halo 1 crewman costume. I could have her put together a tutorial as she does it if it'd be useful.

papamurf812 said:
I think that we could turn this into a Wiki. That way, anyone could edit and add there own thing and it would be easily searched and navigated. I'm pretty sure you can make it so only members of the wiki can edit it. I might be able to help with sewing stuff. My girlfriend is trying to start her own clothing line and I'm having her make me a Halo 1 crewman costume. I could have her put together a tutorial as she does it if it'd be useful.

Maybe your girlfriend could possibly help us out with the undersuit for the Master Chief? ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, she could probably do that. Are there any good pics of it that I could give her? I'm guessing we could just look at the Spartan reference pix that one guy gave us.

If she was able to whip something up and maybe distribute it through her store, what would be a reasonable asking price? We'd need measurements.

Or I could just have her put together a tutorial with what fabrics to buy and such. Whatever is needed to help the Spartans come to life.

Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back