What do you want in a tutorial?

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE:

The 'sneak preview' was a rousing success, and is now OVER. Those of you who are now PMing me or RedSleighDown to get access to the Tutorials content are sadly mistaken. The early bird gets the worm, so to speak...

What has happened since my last update is that RedSleighDown and I have banded together to create the Mjolnirarmor.com Tutorial Forums as most of you have now surely seen available (but locked) in the Forum Index. Red very generously volunteered to help me get my tutorial posted to this site and has been working very hard to make it all happen. Adam created the new Forums for us to do so, and has ultimate control over how this addition will influence the site. Adam also dubbed the new section 'Fabricated Spartan 2.0 Armor'. This represents a new direction for Mjolnirarmor, and superbly fits the current work we're doing with the tutorial. And last but never least, Briar has joined us to facilitate the project with his unparalelled experience in armor making . (y)

So the most popular question right now is; 'How do I get in?'. The short answer is; 'with patience'. Red and I are really just in the beginning stages of this, and in all truth, there just isn't much there to see yet. When we do decide that it's time to let people in to see what we have created for the first full step-by-step spartan armor tutorial, we will let some people in. ***There is nothing you can PM us about that will speed up this process unfortunately... in fact you may find that bugging us while we are working hard to get this done could be a sure-fire way to get to the bottom of our list. We appreciate your enthusiasm, but be patient and all will be revealed.

And please understand, we're not trying to be jerks about not letting people in right now...this is really just an inconvenient side affect of neatly compiling lots and lots of information onto an active Forum. Locking the Tutorial section is the only way it can be done without shutting down the forums completely while everything gets uploaded.

So, what began as a simple way to pass on some armor tips and technique has become a wholly new feature to mjolniramor, creating brand new challenges to the format of the site. Because this will be a exclusive feature to mjolnirarmor.com there are all sorts of little details we have to work out to protect this content. We haven't drafted any rules yet, in fact we're only just beginning to recognize the problems.

In essence, when we get things finished, we'll make sure to let you know. When it is opened up, we'll let you know. Until then, just be reassured that the full Spartan Armor tutorial will be hosted here very soon and you will be the first to see it.

And be patient. ;-)

Thanks,

-S

Sounds really great Sean cant wait to see it all put together. Kinda reminds me of lego's but for a book :Steve:

Great post Sean. That pretty much sums it up.

I will be posting more about this new tutorial section soon to let all of you get a better understanding of what is going on. I cannot stress enough that constant PMs will give you less of a chance to gain access. (Don't worry guys, if you have PMed me once asking what it is or how you can gain access, that last sentence doesn't pertain to you). We do not need any help posting the tutorial right now but if we do, we will contact you. Thanks guys for the support. more to come. keep an eye out.

-Red

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been working on some adobe images the last couple of weeks that may help if you guys want them sean, pm if you guys want them, so far I have a couple shots of the helmet and one side view of the AR. Both sets of pictures are Actual size and may help in tut. :lindsey:

i absolutely cannot wait for this tutorial i am positive it will be amazing but im gonna mod it so it is the halo 3 armor. cuz halo 3 will be basically on the shelves when I'm done and im planning on wearing it to the release of the game.

the tutorial will be done when its done, no sooner, no later. we are working very hard for this to be asap. be patience is key.

man it's funny how often you guys have to say that. maybe it should be the new name of the forum, you know to save time. ;-)

Well, I can explain that. Basically I've just gotten done writing the first section of chapter 3, and what I have so far is 25 pages long.

There are 11 chapters in total.

It's not your average tutorial. By the end it may be 100 pages long...probably more. With detailed photos and diagrams, and links to all the suppliers, its a lot of information to compile into an easily referenced document.

Imagine working on the longest writing assignment you've ever had, only on stereroids with people constantly reminding you that they want it done ASAP so they can make their armor for the release of Halo 3.

If Red hadn't volunteered to help me with the posting this I wouldn't have even gotten done to this point for months, if ever... so that why we say 'please be patient'... I'm trying as hard as I can to get it done fast so you guys can see it. It's undeniably going to be the ultimate reference, but it doesn't happen overnight. Anything worth doing takes time.

Thanks for being patient,

-S

i was going to ask you if youll be telling us when it will be done but thats prolly up in the air so to speak. so yeah, by june do u think it will be comeplete? maybe?

man that sounds awesome, I have been looking for a detailed tutorial on how to get stareted and more detailed descriptions of the processes, not just vauge implications about how thing where done.

Your idea about selling a kit sound sweet also. I would personally want to make my own so that i can get a feel for leaning to make them from scratch, so i can inovate and modify designs.

i dont know if anybody else said this (i didnt check), but maybe step by step pictures. like everything you do you take a picture. and at the end have a video to explain it further. just a thought :bendover: :humpy:

Photo stuffed Tutorials are always really nice. A lot easyer to understand, espically for a hands on building project like this.

Glad its going well and can't wait for its release =].

-Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back