What program to make pepakura??

Status
Not open for further replies.
No a 3D program... To make like 3d images and stuff... Not the pepakura program... I am well acquainted with that program...

Have you tried AutoCAD? My cousin does arcitechture(sp?) work with it and he's no slouch. Turned down a $30,000/yr job to stay in college, so you know his head's on straight.

MC-3189 said:
Have you tried AutoCAD? My cousin does arcitechture(sp?) work with it and he's no slouch. Turned down a $30,000/yr job to stay in college, so you know his head's on straight.

I was gonna... I've used it before but is there a better way?

Last edited by a moderator:
Macattack64 said:
I was gonna... I've used it before but is there a better way?
For free stuff, try XSI ModTool.
If you have a few grand to shell out. 3DStudio Max.

if you can find it. autodesk (the guys that make 3dmax) used to make a free program called Gmax.
they don't make it anymore, so you might have to do a little digging to find it. It's basically just 3dmax minus a few features, sort of like a demo.

i'm not sure if it can export meshes though.. I would assume that you could save stuff as a .3ds at least..
never worked with the thing myself. since i have a legal copy of the real deal

3dsmax, 400 dollars plz, it's the best 3d modeling program out there, well maybe not the best, but many gaming industries do use it. You can export models as .3ds

AoBfrost said:
3dsmax, 400 dollars plz, it's the best 3d modeling program out there, well maybe not the best, but many gaming industries do use it. You can export models as .3ds
Yeah, I used 3ds max for a short while. Getting good at modeling can take months if not years. Developing your own style is fun though, you wont realize you have your own style until you look at a tutorial and go, "But can't I just do this?" Learning modeling is just like learning a language. It takes time to become fluent.

Macattack64 said:
What program can I use to make 3D files or Pepakura files...
Here's what i do:download google sketchup for free,create the 3D model,and then export it as a Google earth 4 file Pep can load that filetype.

Probably one of the best FREEE ones, Wings 3d, http://www.wings3d.com/ It's great.

Probably the easiest to learn, Milkshape 3d, www.milkshape3d.com - $25

I don't know who said 400 dollars for 3ds max, but that price is grossly understated... theres not even enough digits in there... XSI is good, alot cheaper, not sure what formats the modtool exports too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back