What to do when I have more than one idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnavishPlum

I feel like the past few threads I have made have been more general questions like motivation and doing this when going to college, it's just weird to me... anyways.

It's funny I mention those as this thread is also kinda related to them! I have been busy with projects and exams and also just college friends and I am kinda burnt. I have had a lack of motivation to try working on my Halo costume even though I am in costume club at my college! My main issue comes down to if I want to make my Halo costume first. Three ideas are at the top, those are: Halo Reach Spartan, Destiny 2 Titan and Apex Legends Pathfinder. All have pro's and con's to them and I am kinda stuck on what to do. I have been hyping myself for the Reach costume cause I have had my ODST helmet for like 4 years now, it's even here at college with me! I also have a life R2D2 I am making through the R2 Builders Club stuff.

I guess I am asking, what have others done when they have other projects and even other ideas? I haven't made anything usable so nothing is lost from pivoting from Reach. I want to hold myself to a standard I feel like I cannot reach at this time to match the quality of the helmet.

Again, these past few threads have kinda been a bit out their, but sometimes I just need to vent these things as they sit in the back of my head and I really want to make something.

I have a long list of projects, some of them are doable, others not yet.

For each of your ideas do a little bit of analysis on if you have the equipment, skills and time to complete the project and if not it goes to the bottom of the pile. I've had some of my plans sitting on a list for several years so there's nothing to be ashamed of when pushing things off so that you can finish them to a quality that you're proud of.

I second TurboCharizard

I just kind of take it as it comes though. Just last night I was working on my son's armor when an idea popped into my head for my wife's costume. I set my son's build aside and started toying with the idea before it became a fleeting thought. Pick one to focus on, but if it gets tiresome or you feel that your not "into it", set it aside and go to something else. Variety of projects in the works might help to keep you from burning out from working solely on one project.

I do feel your pain though because I often times find myself wishing there were more hours in the day to keep up with the ideas and planned builds.

Plan everything, down to every individual nut, bolt and bit of material. It takes longer than you think, and keeps you from coming up with more ideas to add to the "to-do" list

I write every grand idea I have in my notebook on the PC, and after a few months go by, cross out the ones that I dont care for anymore or i think is unrealistic... smaller projects that mag take a day are more friendly too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back