what to do when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

savage22

Jr Member
Your pep files do not have numbers to help piece the final product together? (the numbers you line up to make sure you have it straight.)
Ive actually found only a few that had this. I went ahead and settled on a build but it does not have these. I assume i will need to refer back to the pep file and piece it from there. Is there a way to rotate the 3D image in pep program?
thanks for the help folks!

Your pep files do not have numbers to help piece the final product together? (the numbers you line up to make sure you have it straight.)
Ive actually found only a few that had this. I went ahead and settled on a build but it does not have these. I assume i will need to refer back to the pep file and piece it from there. Is there a way to rotate the 3D image in pep program?
thanks for the help folks!

You can rotate the 3D part by right clicking and moving the mouse in the 3D window. You can also add numbers (aka "Edge IDs") to the pieces in the 2D menu. Leaving Pepakura DEsigner open for reference is still going to make it easier, however.

1. Open up the pep file in pepakura.
2. Click on 2D Menu from the menu at the top of the screen.
3. Make sure Show Edge ID has been selected.

Note: Sometimes you have to zoom in really far to notice the edge ID's. I thought one of my peps did not have the numbers on it, but when I zoomed in they popped up. Sometimes pepakura does some rendering wierdness.

ex.jpg

crap. lol i already printed and have started cutting, will do this in the future though.
just small things like this i couldnt find the answer for. lol

crap. lol i already printed and have started cutting, will do this in the future though.

Well, maybe for the next steps, instead of starting first and asking later, you should start to inform yourself first and then avoid mistakes altogether. With those chemicals you may want to use later on, mistakes can be rather unpleasant.

You could always turn the pages you haven't cut upside down and reprint. I have done that a couple of times...

You could always turn the pages you haven't cut upside down and reprint. I have done that a couple of times...

I just did that, I printed out a version of the MK IV [G] helmet from Reach and the ink was bad, flipped them over and popped in a new ink cartridge and reprinted. Much better results.

Well, maybe for the next steps, instead of starting first and asking later, you should start to inform yourself first and then avoid mistakes altogether. With those chemicals you may want to use later on, mistakes can be rather unpleasant.

I will never know what question to ask until i get the point of which i need to ask it. :)
This forum is kinda 'dont ask, READ first!' so i tried not to ask at all. :)

I will never know what question to ask until i get the point of which i need to ask it. :)

It is just that there are so many tutorials...

Most of the questions you might have are already answered in the tutorials...at least that is what I have found. Of course I am in the pep stage for my stuff...but all of the questions I have had so far I was able to answer by reading the tutorials. I am pretty sure that when I get to the hardening phase that the fiberglass/bondo/resin tutorials are going to guide me through that...and though I have no idea how to paint and age my armor...I have seen a few tutorials on that.

Honestly it is a combination of reading and trying it out. So what if you make a mistake...I promise you the second time you try you won't make that same mistake. Every time I look at my first pep it makes me cringe, but it has taught me a lot and my second pep looks so much cleaner.

Remember boys and girls -- reading is a good thing. So the moral of this story is that even newbies can figure it out if they take the time to read through what our more experienced predecessors have taken the time to document with their experience. (Or in other words stop being so damn lazy).

(Or in other words stop being so damn lazy).

I love that one... That's definitely going on the candidate list for my signature :p

You got me all wrong there. Asking questions is a good thing if you don't know or understand something. The bad thing is that people come here and expect somebody to magically inject all the world's knowledge into their brain with two short sentences and then be able to create a masterpiece in one day without investing a single local unit of money or thinking at all.

Lets take a look at an example: You are finished pepping, break out the resin and have lots of fun covering your model in that stuff. Until your hungry cat comes along and startles you, so you spill the resin and all over sudden have it in your eye. Now what? The package says "rinse with water immediately, consult doctor and show label", but you didn't read that of course, so instead you come here and ask what to do. Five hours later you receive an anser (by now, you eye looks like a tomato), telling you that eye protection would have been a good idea - and to go see a doctor. So, following your method of try-ask-think (also popular: ask-try), you conclude: "Eye protection is good". Had you read the safety tutorial before starting, you would have known all about that and worn eye protection in the first place, preventing this accident altogether. That method (read-think-ask-try) would have been the recommended way. The advantages of that method are pretty obvious I think :)

Listen. Not only did i research and watch every stick and tutorial video i could get my hands on weeks before i became a member here, i even waited, what another week before i even posted a question because i tried to find the answer. So please dont assume im just some guy wanting everyone to do everything for me or that Im too 'lazy' to look anything up or read. This will be last question i post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back