What To Do.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch

Hello everyone, I have currently not started a set of armor, but I have researched and re-researched the techniques and tricks and stuff. However, before I begin my armor, I have a few reservations.

1. The economy. I have a somewhat low paying job as a caddy at the nicest country club in the area. I could probably afford between $100-$150 on my armor. However, the current economy and the fact that my dad is currently unemployed and me being a minor creates some second thoughts as to whether or not I really want to spend this much cash on something like this.

2. Spartan Mark IV or ODST. I am asking, which of these two costumes would probably be cheaper. I am going to use the pep and fiberglass method. The only problem I have with the ODST is the visor. Any suggestions?

So this is where I am coming from, as many answers to my questions as possible would be nice, I will readily accept all help and any tips I may receive.Thank you.

I am also in your exact same situation, not enough money, and don't know where to start. Well, I'm gonna start small, like making Shoulders until I get that right, then step it up to the chest, helmet, ect. But slowly, so I learn all the techniques.

Well if you want it cheap and done by Halo-ween , best bet would be the MarkVI i think that was easier to pep, only thing that takes time is the chest piece. In the other hand the ODST has smaller pieces but it does become alot after a while , but hope to see your wip later good luck.

Deathcoreknight said:
im telling u start out easy halo2 odst

Yea, thats probably what I'll end up doing, did you use pepakura and resin for yours? Or another method?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dutch said:
Hello everyone, I have currently not started a set of armor, but I have researched and re-researched the techniques and tricks and stuff. However, before I begin my armor, I have a few reservations.

1. The economy. I have a somewhat low paying job as a caddy at the nicest country club in the area. I could probably afford between $100-$150 on my armor. However, the current economy and the fact that my dad is currently unemployed and me being a minor creates some second thoughts as to whether or not I really want to spend this much cash on something like this.

2. Spartan Mark IV or ODST. I am asking, which of these two costumes would probably be cheaper. I am going to use the pep and fiberglass method. The only problem I have with the ODST is the visor. Any suggestions?

So this is where I am coming from, as many answers to my questions as possible would be nice, I will readily accept all help and any tips I may receive.Thank you.

i suggest getting out of this finacial situation you have plenty of time to complete your suit on the other hand you do what you think is best for a suit but you'll need more then $200

Last edited by a moderator:
Some advice:

1) Don't skimp on safety. You NEED goggles and a respirator.

2) If you're on a budget (money or time), take your time and do it right. Every mistake means wasted money and time. Not to mention its better to have a great suit next year (or for a party later this year) than a crappy one you feel ashamed to put on this year!

3) Read EVERYTHING you can. Watch every video you can find. Every little tip or trick everyone has learned can save you money and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back