What type of Bondo should I be buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

InrDmons

Hey everyone.
I've been watching a lot of videos from iceagonakilya ‎on youtube about resoning etc, but I was wondering just what kind of bondo I should be buying.

I've already purchased the correct bondo fiberglass resin here: http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/AutoRepairAccessories/SpecialtyRepair/PRD~0475808P/Bondo%252BFibreglass%252BResin%25252C%252B1%252BL.jsp?locale=en

but they have a bunch of types of bondo filler, ie:long-strand/short strand/one's for boats etc. They can be found here: http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/AutoBodyRepair1/AutoBodyFillers/PRD~0475635P/Motomaster%252BAuto%252BBody%252BFiller.jsp?locale=en

I do not know what the differences are or if it really matters at all? Please let me know as they are currently on sale at Canadian Tire (cannot get it at local Walmart) Cheers

Regular Bondo brand Body Filler is what I use.
6474597.jpg

Bondo is actually the product name, they make a variety of products. The long and short hair is actually resin with long or short strands of fiberglass mixed in. The best body filler to buy is the professional grade, it is only a dollar or two more than the lightweight bodyfiller, but makes a world of difference when working with it! They also have ultimate premium, but I have never used it, it is twice as expensive as the premium gold.

ok sweet. ya I wasn't 100% sure while I was at the store, but then read some posts after I submitted my question that it was simply fiberglass strands mixed in with the bondo to give it more strength and not necessarily the best thing to use just for shaping purposes. I'll head back to Crappy Tire to buy the correct stuff while it is on sale, for upcoming projects. thx for quick replies guys

True, I guess it should also be pointed out that it depends on what you're using it for. For detailing and sanding the professional grade is certainly nicer. However if you're just whipping up a batch of rondo to roll on the inside of the helmet for strength the normal filler is just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back