Whats the deal with 4Shared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EuropaSteve

I keep trying to download files from 4shared, I don't get the PDO file but it keeps sending a file to install. The site also keeps sending fake adobe flash install / update files. I shouldn't have to install anything to download files, whats the deal?

Thanks

The whole 405th files are in the File Archive and are locally stored, not on 4shared.

Thanks, I was going by the links in some of the posts. I guess i'll be avoiding those.
I was looking for some armor files for my daughter, I downloaded the Kat file from the 405 th archive but it seems to be missing the chest piece. The search continues...

Unless there's a file somehow on 4shared thats not in the Archive, I'd just use the Archive. I downloaded a lot from 4shared before I was a member and realized the Archive was there and it was a pain in the patoot, but I got it to work. Then I recently found that the files weren't even a good quality, that was a major bummer. Lots of work dished out after that.

Moral of the story is don't get caught. And use the Archive.

I'm personally unaware of any content from the old 4Shared Database that we're missing in the Archives. If it's Halo-related, the chances are high that it's in the Archive.

As for 4Shared trying to get you to install things - very suspect. I would decline and seek alternate downloads, if possible. It's not worth the risk to your machine of potentially getting something unwanted and nasty in with your files.

I'm personally unaware of any content from the old 4Shared Database that we're missing in the Archives. If it's Halo-related, the chances are high that it's in the Archive.

As for 4Shared trying to get you to install things - very suspect. I would decline and seek alternate downloads, if possible. It's not worth the risk to your machine of potentially getting something unwanted and nasty in with your files.

There are some files from the 4shared links that are missing in the File Archive, however the 4shared links are broken by now as well.
I just remember when I was searching for stuff myself.

Thanks, I was going by the links in some of the posts. I guess i'll be avoiding those.
I was looking for some armor files for my daughter, I downloaded the Kat file from the 405 th archive but it seems to be missing the chest piece. The search continues...

The characters don't have their own armor, they just use different named armor with different attachments. If you're having trouble trying search what the name of Kat's armor is.

The characters don't have their own armor, they just use different named armor with different attachments. If you're having trouble trying search what the name of Kat's armor is.

Pretty much this, EuropaSteve. Kat's player model uses the default Mk V armour, with Air Assault shoulder pads and helmet, default knee pads, a robot arm piece, and the Hard Case - I believe that files for all of these pieces exist in the Halo Reach Archives.

Thanks for the Info. This is my first attempt. First pepakura file, first time with mat fiberglass. first time with bondo. I've made a bunch of mistakes, but so far it's passable.
From knowing nothing, to logging into the 405th, to two week later.
Thanks again, the site is a great resource.
IMG_4037.jpgIMG_4047.jpgIMG_4049.jpg

4shared is one of those sites that like to trick you into clicking the wrong button so you'll download malware and other nonsense. Even with all the BS, its still a usable site and I get files from there regularly, you just need to know what button to push.

HyZmpOd.png

See all the download buttons? Which do you push? The one in RED is the one I 'squared' and is the ONLY button you should push. Every single 4 shared page will look like this, just ignore everything else on the page and only click that small download button.

Once you click that, you'll be directed to this page:

ezHAAy9.png

See how it says 60 seconds? You'll need to wait 60 seconds, or whatever the timer says. Once its done, click the download and you'll get your file.

That's all there is too it. You just need to know what buttons to push.

Glad I could help. Its a pain how some of those sites are, but they are free file sharing.. so sometimes you have to take what you can get with some of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back