Pepakura When I try to open an .OBJ file in pepakura designer it doesn’t appear

Status
Not open for further replies.

bere18random

So as the title says I can’t open .OBJ in pepakura designer, I have designer 4 but no key because I don’t have much money and I don’t mind not being able to save the files.

I download an .OBJ file and when I try to “open with…” it just doesn’t appear for pepakura designer and same with when I try to open it from pepakura, it’s infuriating because every bit of help I see here literately just says open it when there’s no option to do so, any help would be greatly appreciated because I have 4 months until I need to display my armour and I will never have this opportunity to display it where I am ever again

I am not new to pepakura I’ve been using it for years but now I’m trying to use .OBJ files it just won’t work

Have you tried opening the .obj in another 3D program, like Windows 3D Builder or Blender? There's always the chance that the file is corrupted or invalid for some reason. You say you're having issues because you're now using .obj files - which file type were you previously working with?

Have you tried opening the .obj in another 3D program, like Windows 3D Builder or Blender? There's always the chance that the file is corrupted or invalid for some reason. You say you're having issues because you're now using .obj files - which file type were you previously working with?
I have for the last few years only using pre-made pepakura files that I modify in size and template to fit me, I’ve never used OBJ files before now.

I can open the files in 3d viewer but can’t open them in pepakura designer 4 but I do not have a key to save, I’m not sure if that’s an issue but for me I’ve never needed one and I don’t have the money for one to begin with.

I believe you can not open .OBJs in free Pepakura Viewer. You must have a paid version of Pepakura Designer to open .OBJs and save them as .PDOs.

I download an .OBJ file and when I try to “open with…” it just doesn’t appear for pepakura designer
You may have to go further down in the "open with" to the option "Chose Another App". If it doesn't appear, click on "More Apps" If it still isn't there, click on "Look for another App on this PC" Then manually navigate to the software itself and choose it. Most likely stored in Local Disk C/ Program Files(x86)/tamasoftware/pepakura4en
I've had a few programs perfectly capable of opening file types that have had to have this done in able to get them to work properly.

I just did this and it opened perfectly fine, i tried open with before but I couldn't find pepakura designer before, after following what you said I could open it.
thank you, you're a life saver.

I just did this and it opened perfectly fine, i tried open with before but I couldn't find pepakura designer before, after following what you said I could open it.
thank you, you're a life saver.
You may have to go further down in the "open with" to the option "Chose Another App". If it doesn't appear, click on "More Apps" If it still isn't there, click on "Look for another App on this PC" Then manually navigate to the software itself and choose it. Most likely stored in Local Disk C/ Program Files(x86)/tamasoftware/pepakura4en
I've had a few programs perfectly capable of opening file types that have had to have this done in able to get them to work properly.

I believe you can not open .OBJs in free Pepakura Viewer. You must have a paid version of Pepakura Designer to open .OBJs and save them as .PDOs.
I managed to open it free, I did believe that you couldn't open files like that in free mode but surprisingly not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back