Props Where do you keep your knife, Spartans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FirstPick

Member DIN
S509
Thinking about adding a knife for my Spartan suit (FUD Chief) but not sure where to put it.
uploadfromtaptalk1438963310784.jpg
It wasn't until Halo Reach that we saw Spartans using their knives in assassinations and now in Halo 4, most of the armor combos don't show where the knife comes from.

So where do you keep yours?

Most folks who wear Reach armor carry them on their upper chest like Carter or on a shoulder piece like Emile. I have seen folks who do ODSTs wear them in similar places as well as the front of their chests, belts or boots. I don't see many who wear Chief style armor carying knives on their armor

Most folks who wear Reach armor carry them on their upper chest like Carter or on a shoulder piece like Emile. I have seen folks who do ODSTs wear them in similar places as well as the front of their chests, belts or boots. I don't see many who wear Chief style armor carying knives on their armor
I don't either, but we know he has one. So I'm trying to find some good ideas for it.

I would attach it to the breast plate or the thigh.
Thigh is where I'll probably go. I currently hold my AR on my back, pistol on my thigh and two grenades on my back hips. The other thigh is probably for the knife.

Thigh is where I'll probably go. I currently hold my AR on my back, pistol on my thigh and two grenades on my back hips. The other thigh is probably for the knife.

Unless you have some type of addon for your chest, that's where i would put it if i were you. It looks cooler there. Also, another thing to consider is, compared to the rest of the pieces, may look a little empty. Play with the placement using tape. Take some pictures. You don't want to over populate certain areas and leave others naked.

Unless you have some type of addon for your chest, that's where i would put it if i were you. It looks cooler there. Also, another thing to consider is, compared to the rest of the pieces, may look a little empty. Play with the placement using tape. Take some pictures. You don't want to over populate certain areas and leave others naked.
Good point. I'll try that.

I'd suggest fitting it to the left bicep. Based on how the armour looks like in the FUD, that'd be about where it is.

It is said GEN 2 (Spartan IVs) keep the knife in their right forearm piece... I have analysed it and it can't be true. Knife is way longer than the forearm pieces so it's purely "digitally designed", because forearm pieces aren't thick enough to fit even a knife and they aren't long enough... It is also said the knife has a spring loaded mechanism... well, because it'd be impossible for the Spartan to pull it out with the same hand without any problems?
I don't accept this, in reality it'd never work, but if they design all the things digitally, they don't care if models overlap, etc.

In my build I'm going to put the knife on the shin piece. Experimenting with magnets.

PS. @D34D K1TT3N Googled the MTech Defender xtreme and it is quite similar but they aren't the same. :)

I think it really depends on your Armour configuration / style.
Buck's "Helljumper" Armour has the knife on his left shoulder where as he used to have it on his right breast when he was in ODST Armour (Reach & H3: ODST)

I'd say put it where it fits and you can access it easily. On a EOD Commissioned build, I put it on the lower back section.

Oh, and my choice of blade is a Kukri. You can get cheap modern plastic ones on eBay, where as I like the originals.

Halo Roach has it on the upper left chest, which looks a pit awkward, but easy to get to. Undecided as of this point as to where I will put mine. Need to use the advice of taping it on a few different places to try and get an idea of what looks good and is functional.

I've always thought inside one of the shoulder plates would be interesting.

Only spot I could think of they could stick their knife since they don't show up on the exterior anymore.

I've always thought inside one of the shoulder plates would be interesting.

Only spot I could think of they could stick their knife since they don't show up on the exterior anymore.

Thing is, most likely you won't be able to reach so far and even touch your shoulder in order to get the knife.
The chest piece will likely make it impossible.

PS. Also, please do not necro-post. Last post was in February. Let the dead rest.

PS. Also, please do not necro-post. Last post was in February. Let the dead rest.

As long as it's revived.. You should post your picture of where you keep your knife for future searchers. So far it is the best concealment I've seen for builds that have a hidden knife.

As long as it's revived.. You should post your picture of where you keep your knife for future searchers. So far it is the best concealment I've seen for builds that have a hidden knife.

Oh, it isn't perfect. It was just the best place I could think of to keep it hidden and be able to take it out.
At least it doesn't break the physics like it does in the games.

knife.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back