Where to buy a visor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balmung

Ok so I've searched around on here with little luck. Where could I buy a visor for my mark 6 helmet? I would prefer orange or something close to that. Any ideas?

~Balmung

Try here. Bilt makes a great visor at a great price. Cycle Gear is a great place to get it from too. There are a bunch more on that site. It's just the first link I grabbed.:)

Thanks, I appreciate the fast and extremely helpful response. Now my only other question about the visor is that, will they bend when heated with a heat gun?

They flex fairly well on their own. I would recommend against using a heat gun on a motorcycle helmet visor. There is a possibility that the reflective coating could crack or bubble as a result.

Exactly. It has enough flex in it that you should be able to do what you want to do.

Are you building a Pep helmet or a foam one? If you are doing a pep one then you should have nothing to worry about. If you are doing a foam helmet, then the visor might, and i say might, warp it just a little. The reason for this is that the foam isnt ridged enough to stop the visor from pushing out to its regular shape. Its not really a big deal, but figured id let you know just in case :)

They could bend a steel frame to the shape of the helmet opening and then attach the visor between the foam and the frame. I doubt the visor would warp against that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back