Where to go for lore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runkrod

Hey gang,
So if one were to try to understand the Halo world solely from the stories and dialogue from the games, well they'd be pretty lost. At least I was way back in the day and spending time these past weeks replaying everything hasn't helped. Suffice to say the exposition is a little light. So where do you go to flesh out this world and understand who and what everything is? Is there "alpha" and "beta" canon like star trek, or "new canon" and "legends" like starwars?
Honestly what little I've read/watched outside of the games tends to contradict some in game things.

Long time ago, I got the Halo Encyclopedia. I think it covers everything up to Reach - so it's a bit old, but it covers my favourite parts of the series.

There are a TON of books about the halo universe you can read, and every week there is a cannonfodder post about something new on halowaypoint. If you dont want to spend many hours reading, there are some amazing youtube channels that handpick very interesting topics and research it for you. Hiddenxperia is one of my favorites, but there are a good amount of others

There are a TON of books about the halo universe you can read, and every week there is a cannonfodder post about something new on halowaypoint. If you dont want to spend many hours reading, there are some amazing youtube channels that handpick very interesting topics and research it for you. Hiddenxperia is one of my favorites, but there are a good amount of others

For Youtube channels on Halo lore there's also Halo Follower (Not just lore, there's also Halo game news and also some pretty cool Halo short animations) and Halo Canon :)

Aside from Youtube channels, I also read the novels they release :)

"...written in collaboration with 343 Industries, the developers of the “Halo” franchise..."
Oof, that's gotta hurt Bungie.
Yeah. Tbf though, Bungie never cared about the books. It was kinda sad

Last edited:
Halopedia is a number one good place. Don't go on other Halo wikis as they don't list & correct their sources much.
If you want to go insanely deep like I do with how technology works using real world science, Installation00 on YouTube,
Otherwise HiddenXperia & Halo Canon for more story base lore & theories if that's up your alley. I don't recommend HaloFollower as stated by the Halo community at large for his questionable actions.
Edit: Their is only one canon timeline besides Red vs Blue series & Odd One Out which aren't. So everything you read, watch & play is all under one timeline but if you're talking about the a canon rule policy? the games themselves take priority if canon contradictions happen from the books & other media. Their is the Halo TV series that is coming but at the moment looks to be not canon like the two I stated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back