which glue to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For putting the armor together, both hot glue and super glue gel work great.

I like black silicone/gasket sealer for the visor because it sticks great, has a little give like caulk, and fills in any imperfections along your cutting surface.

If you're using hot glue and working with a plastic, like say for the visor's face shield, be careful and try to avoid melting the plastic with the heating element of the gun.

yea i know, when i start to glue it, should i glue the 2 tabs together? or cut one tab off and glue only one tab?

im using an uhu glue stick. its great for dope and tissue models and ive used it for other paper models. works great.

Spartan 110 said:
yea i know, when i start to glue it, should i glue the 2 tabs together? or cut one tab off and glue only one tab?

Has anyone tried slitting the tabs half-way in opposing directions, sliding the tabs together, and gluing them down that way for a little added strength?

Last edited by a moderator:
FinAeros said:
Spartan 110 said:

Has anyone tried slitting the tabs half-way in opposing directions, sliding the tabs together, and gluing them down that way for a little added strength?
I've never had two tabs that had to go together. You should have one tab and then a straight line with a corresponding number. Like this:

_____1______

/------1--------\

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm when i tried super glue. it must have been industrial strength cause my paper started smoldering.
maybe it was so that the 2 pieces got like burned together?
or it was very acciditc cause it burned my finger.

This is probubly the ONLY Kind you should use, Because nothing goes wrong when you use it. I USE IT TOO

23870-1005-3ww-l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back