• engineer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • forerunner

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ForgedReclaimer said:
what it takes to be a spartan i think, that and NO sex drive lol, all bang and no buck.

ODST'S are also FULL human (not gen altered) and kick as much @$$.

yeah i guess, i was thinking more along the lines of being the guys that see the most classified missions and do the most high end jobs and missions

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Spartans may not have a sex drive, but since when has ANY ODST or Marine been able to "do it" while serving in the UNSC? The answer is zero. No soldier has ever "done it" while in service, so why don't we drop that card now. Ok, so why does everyone say Spartans are not human? Unless you're a stupid moron, Spartans are Homo sapiens just like the rest of the UNSC, though alterd to make them Supersoldiers. And I don't get how ODSTs are more badass than Spartans. Oh wow, falling from orbit in a HEV pod makes you so hardcore. Guess what, Chief did it too. Besides, in Halo 3, Chief fell from orbit with NO HEV, and still kicked Covenant butt. (as well as the Marines and ODSTs)

I feel the main reason why people like ODSTs better than Spartans are for the following reasons:

1. Lack of sex drive (as if they get any action anyway).

2. They want to be more "human" but does anyone remember that all UNSC service members have the neural transplant in the back of their skull, so in a slim way, would make them cyborgs as well.

3. Spartans were over glorified, and the latter wanted to be know just as regualr Spec-ops soldiers.

4. Everything in Halo was about a Spartan, John-117, and feel that the other soldiers deserve some respect and fame, though I'm sure if Halo was about ODSTs mainly, then most people would want to be Spartans.

5. My last one, the whole entire cold-blooded, killing machine, unloving soldiers known as Spartans. Please tell me in any book or game, where it has been mentioned that Spartans are not as caring as normal humans. I would like some REAL evidence where it mentioned that Spartans don't care for humanity, other soldiers and the like.

All in all, it comes down to which soldier suits you the best. I don't understand how ODSTs are any better than the Spartans or Marines in anyway, (besides the amor and enhancements) as I said before, their all fighting for the same reason, so I don't see why we need to prove who is better than who. No one is better than the other. We're on the same side, everyone works as a team. I don't get why some people can't accept that.

UNSC, So I can yell random things like "KEEP UP THE PRESSURE!" and "Dear diary, creepy giant stared at me today and I didn't like it nearly as much as I thought I would." and run around like an idiot and shoot rocket launchers with infinite ammo and talk trash. I wont even have to show up for any cut scenes. Just give me a warthog, some cheap lines, and a couple of hot female squad mates and I'm set in the Halo universe...

A Rouge Spartan,

On my own, kicking ass on things I want to kick ass in,

forget working, I'll be a walking tank, what a plan human is going to tell me to work?

SPYK30 said:
UNSC, So I can yell random things like "KEEP UP THE PRESSURE!" and "Dear diary, creepy giant stared at me today and I didn't like it nearly as much as I thought I would." and run around like an idiot and shoot rocket launchers with infinite ammo and talk trash. I wont even have to show up for any cut scenes. Just give me a warthog, some cheap lines, and a couple of hot female squad mates and I'm set in the Halo universe...

Quoted for truth.

Frankly, I wouldn't be any of the above.

Not a Spartan because of the aforementioned lack of humanity. Heck yeah, I want them protecting me, but it's a pretty bleak life when you get down to it. After the war, I'd want to be honorable discharged, buy a home on the edge of UNSC space, and start a family.

Not a Marine or an ODST because of the rate of attrition. As I said above, I'd have plans after the war, and becoming a guntoter is a sure way to get yourself killed.

If I were involved in the human-covenant war, I would do my best to get a postion on an ONI Prowler. They're an integral part of the war effort, gathering intelligence behind Covenant lines; the nature of the missions make it an exciting job, and Prowlers have a low rate of attrition. You very rarely if ever hear about a Prowler being detected, much less destroyed. As a side note, Prowlers seem to be the Halo equivalent of submarines, and I am big into cold war submarine history, and if I enlisted, it would be on submarines.

It's funny how many people argue. Like i love the ODST's but i voted spartan because they can take more hits and be awesome in thier own spartany ways. Thier is also only one chief and thousands of ODST's.

i chose sparten. if you are like me you'll know that sam(my fav sparten) killed nearly evry one of those mofo's after john and the others left. O, just throwing this out there, how esay is it to mod a atv?

ID BE A SPARTAN I MEAN BEING TAKEN AT AGE 6 IS TO TOUNG TO EVEN KNOW WUT YOU WOULD BE MISSING IN LIFE SO IT WOULDENT BOTHER ME STRIKING FEAR INTO THE HEART OF THE COVANANT PLUS U GET AWSOME ARMOR!

Here's a better question...

Where's the pep for this badboy ^__^

R3unbreakable said:
800px-UNSC_Spirit_of_Fire_28CFV-8829.png

sam willson sparten 034 said:
i chose sparten. if you are like me you'll know that sam(my fav sparten) killed nearly evry one of those mofo's after john and the others left. O, just throwing this out there, how esay is it to mod a atv?

[quote name="Engrish"]Win![/quote]

CPU64 said:
Here's a better question...

Where's the pep for this badboy ^__^

Must... Look... Away, i cant start another project, i could make an extreme low-res of her but im already working her high-def, if you where joking or not i am tempted... but wont.

LOL to LastSpartans sig, lol... and avatar, awesome.

I'd say Spartan, just because they're just because they're plain freakin awesome. ODST's are cool and all, but I'd like to see them do this...

(Skip to 0:40)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36nD_O5ViCA[/media]

mjolnir follower said:
Everyone who says "HELL WE DONT NEED PODS,WE JUST JUMP",remember what happened to chief,his armor froze up when he jumped.Now how would you like to be frozen until a UNSC member comes and unlocks you,i wouldn't like it one bit.I wanna be kickin' ass,not hulled up stuck in a piece of armor that absorbed the drop damage and locked itself up.

The armor is suposed to lock up. Limbs flailing around on impact are not good.

It's just that his got damaged so he couldn't unlock it himself.

mustang2500 said:
I'd say Spartan, just because they're just because they're plain freakin awesome. ODST's are cool and all, but I'd like to see them do this...

(Skip to 0:40)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36nD_O5ViCA[/media]

well.. Sgt Forge was only a marine and he just busted that Arbiter the hell up. even though he cant do what the Spartans did, for a marine hes a bad@$$. Spartans really are better.

screw it, i want to be forge, my user name already has forge in it :p... jk, pilot or captain ftw

ODST!!!!.

i dont care about the lack of sex drive, but i wouldnt be a SPARTAN simply because of the mortality rate and painfull procedures they go thru during the enhancement process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back