Widening Hayabusa Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyspace

i need to stretch/widen my hayabusa helmet, and my head is a lil wide for the opening.

whats a good way to keep it stretch out to the width i want it?

thanks

jeremyspace said:
i need to stretch/widen my hayabusa helmet, and my head is a lil wide for the opening.

whats a good way to keep it stretch out to the width i want it?

thanks

I scaled mine too small and it was a snug fit. I had to chop out the the narrow part and add cardboard and bondo to fill the hole. It takes time but there inst much else you can do. Good Luck.

03-03-09_1758.jpg

03-03-09_1959.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, there is a way you can do this and make it so that you can get in your head without any problems. Of course, this will require some patience, hard work and skillz. lol

A lot of people have to cut the Mark VI torso creating a front and back piece in order to get it on properly since you can't exactly slip it over. They then use some strong earth magnets to hold it together. Here is what you can do:

FIRST: DO NOT try and do any cutting or changes while it's still in the paper stages.

I still don't know exactly what method you plan on using to strengthen/harden it, so I will just give you the steps using the most commonly used supplies and maybe that will give you an idea as to what you will need to do.

On the outside of the helmet, apply your resin, let it dry. Fiberglass the inside of the helmet and then let that dry and harden up real good. NOW you can start the cutting by following the "natural lines" of the helmet.

Considering that your helmet still fits comfortably on your head leaving enough room for padding on the inside, here is a way you can do this.

cut2.jpg

THIS is probably the method you may want to use as this area seems to be what gets in the way of putting it on. I had a similar problem with the 2nd helmet I made until I remade it a 3rd time and now I don't need to cut anything and the helmet fits perfectly! Anyways, the red lines show where to cut. As for the green line, you WILL need to cut that too, BUT, you will need to create a way to hinge it together. This way, the piece just swings out, allowing you to place it on your head, then use the earth magnets to then put the pieces back up in place. This is what I was going to do, until I made a better fitting helmet. :) When placing the earth magnets, you will need to glue a magnet on the inside of the helmet and magnets on the little piece that you just cut off, making sure that you have them in the right locations. You could probably use a total of 8 magnets, 4 for each side.

Hopefully this works out for you. THe hayabusa is a pain in the butt because of the way it's made. I will have to do something like this to my Recon helmet so I can get it over my head because there is a piece that goes all the way around the neck hole, making it very small.

HaloGoddess said:
Well, there is a way you can do this and make it so that you can get in your head without any problems. Of course, this will require some patience, hard work and skillz. lol

A lot of people have to cut the Mark VI torso creating a front and back piece in order to get it on properly since you can't exactly slip it over. They then use some strong earth magnets to hold it together. Here is what you can do:

FIRST: DO NOT try and do any cutting or changes while it's still in the paper stages.

I still don't know exactly what method you plan on using to strengthen/harden it, so I will just give you the steps using the most commonly used supplies and maybe that will give you an idea as to what you will need to do.

On the outside of the helmet, apply your resin, let it dry. Fiberglass the inside of the helmet and then let that dry and harden up real good. NOW you can start the cutting by following the "natural lines" of the helmet.

Considering that your helmet still fits comfortably on your head leaving enough room for padding on the inside, here is a way you can do this.

cut2.jpg

THIS is probably the method you may want to use as this area seems to be what gets in the way of putting it on. I had a similar problem with the 2nd helmet I made until I remade it a 3rd time and now I don't need to cut anything and the helmet fits perfectly! Anyways, the red lines show where to cut. As for the green line, you WILL need to cut that too, BUT, you will need to create a way to hinge it together. This way, the piece just swings out, allowing you to place it on your head, then use the earth magnets to then put the pieces back up in place. This is what I was going to do, until I made a better fitting helmet. :) When placing the earth magnets, you will need to glue a magnet on the inside of the helmet and magnets on the little piece that you just cut off, making sure that you have them in the right locations. You could probably use a total of 8 magnets, 4 for each side.

Hopefully this works out for you. THe hayabusa is a pain in the butt because of the way it's made. I will have to do something like this to my Recon helmet so I can get it over my head because there is a piece that goes all the way around the neck hole, making it very small.

i will probably try that.

i put a lil bracket in there to widen it, and once i resin it do you think it will keep its wide shape?

heres a couple of pics

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back