Wildfire/90mph Gusts Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cylos

Jr Member
Wildfire scattered around southern California and with it, high wind gusts. I was watching the news earlier this morning so I was just a but curious about who might have to deal with all the wind/fire. Luckily, the fire hasn't yet hit my area. Just high, sandy winds. (What a relief) However, I can see it right over the hills here, I'll have to upload some pictures later when(if) I find my camera. For those of you also in southern California, I hope you're not located in these fires. :( (And if you are, I hope you're not on fire and the getting the hell away from there! -how long did it take you to get that? :p )

Anecdote from this morning: So, I'm laying in bed, and I've been listening to the wind all night. The clock says 5:57am. I have to get up soon. ( :( ) I figure since I'm half awake I'll just get up. Still curious about the wind and how bad it is, I crawl to the foot end of my bed and open my blinds only to be hit in the face with a gust of sediment and sand. So my face was all grimy. My window was just slightly open, still the foot of my bed that's closest to the window is covered in whatever was in the wind. It was pretty disgusting. Just thought I'd share, haha. :lol: Again, when(if) I can find my camera, I'll take some shots of the smoke over the hill and the foot of my bed.

lol I know the feeling of wind driven crap hitting your face..

We went up to atlanta downtown and the wind goes very fast through the buildings...

NEVER leave your windows down while driving down wind of a construction site..lol.

GruntOfAction said:
lol I know the feeling of wind driven crap hitting your face..

We went up to atlanta downtown and the wind goes very fast through the buildings...

NEVER leave your windows down while driving down wind of a construction site..lol.
Haha, yeah. I tend to forget. Gross stuff. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is why I live in ohio, no wild fires, no big tornados, no hurricanes, no flaming meteors of doom.

<3

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AoBfrost @ Oct 22 2007, 09:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This is why I live in ohio, no wild fires, no big tornados, no hurricanes, no flaming meteors of doom.

<3</div>
:( Oh you lucky dog. Haha, I've never been there. How is it in the ol' state of what-you-make-it-sound-to-be-seemingly-disaster-less-Ohio? :lol:

I live in San Diego and work at the local news station, we were up til 3am covering it. Its really bad you guys, go donate to the red cross even a few dollars would help. Its only getting worse. I live about 20 miles from the fires but my area is covering with smoke. Keep those people in your prayers if you do so.

thisismadness2 said:
Hershey pa has no dangers either plus lots of yummy chocolate
Yum... 'Cept I'm not too big a fan of chocolate. :lol:

If the fire spreads and burns the entire state of california and surrounding states, I'm moving to japan, it being crowded there, it'll be less crowded then tons of westerners comming to my eastern part of the US, we're already crowded from too many new houses and too many stupid parents making their kids attend schools with no room, so their class room is in the gym and gym class doesnt exist anymore...oh the joy of schools not wanting to expand.

Welp, the fire is getting much closer to my location now. We can finally see a nice bright orange glow right over the hills. Haha. Soon to be flames licking up. I'll get pictures asap.

Cylos said:
Welp, the fire is getting much closer to my location now. We can finally see a nice bright orange glow right over the hills. Haha. Soon to be flames licking up. I'll get pictures asap.

I always thought in a state of emergancy like this you were supost to run for your life and evacuate.

Its on the whole damn news and everything lol.

Dont come to ohio, I like it the way it is, any more people and then wild fires would happen for no reason.

GruntOfAction said:
I always thought in a state of emergancy like this you were supost to run for your life and evacuate.

Its on the whole damn news and everything lol.
Haha yeah, actually the high school here is one of the places to evacuate to. Fantastic, they're away from that one other fire and now next to another! Haha...

So I found my camera, and got a couple shots from I believe yesterday and the day before, til today. Took me awhile to find the cord.

Here's a preview, perhaps one of the better pictures of the bunch.
Picture028.jpg

Here's the link to some of the others if you're interested. (Don't mind the other stuff.)

Now, these have taken awhile to upload so I guess I'll just tell you that currently. I can no longer see the mountains and some of the further buildings from my backyard. Yup, it's pretty bad.

The fire is so dang close to your house...why not move? maybe to ohio! Nothing bad ever happens here, besides kids being kidnapped, raped, killed, but that all happens no matter where you live....Ohio is just as good as california, just no beaches, no hot weather, no wild fires, no surfing.......no bikini girls

:lol: Yeah, it is. Not sure really, I guess we're just trying to press our luck here. That, and "Don't come to ohio" might be stopping us. LOL :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back