Willing to pay artist good $ to make very nice halo armor suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scion

Hello all! I was directed to this site by a friend who runs a few conventions in my area. Im interested in paying an artist good $ to make a very nice halo armor suit. Thanks in advance for any help guys!

Hello! this is actually against forum policy to ask people to make stuff for you (trust me, i've done it before.) this is more of a site to learn to make your own armor

No kidding? Well I definitely dont want to make my own. Im not handy, and would screw it up. Can someone at least point me in the right direction?

No kidding? Well I definitely dont want to make my own. Im not handy, and would screw it up. Can someone at least point me in the right direction?

Ebay, I guess.

You can find suits for sale on Ebay on a good day, all varying in sizes and quality. But if you want your own customised armour? You're going to have to make it.

Even if you paid me £500-£1000 for materials needed, that still wouldn't even come close to paying for the hours of work put into it. Besides, armouring is our hobby, when we started we weren't handy either, but we learnt. When we wear costumes it's a great feeling because its your creation. It's not the same if you pay someone to make it, it just makes you a dude wearing someone elses stuff.

If you're lucky you MAY find someone who's up for it but I highly highly doubt it as it's a long term project and they wouldn't be able to scale it properly unless you were there. Plus I don't see the fun in it. To me there's nothing gained by wearing a costume you didn't make.

Already have a few PMs offering to do the work. Im willing to dump $1000-$2000 into it. I dont care if someone else made it, just want a cool suit for Halloween and other events. I defiantly would understand why someone would feel proud in their own suit, tho. Sadly I dont have the time to put into the trail and error of learning to do it myself.

I would never trust myself to make it, I would defiantly screw it up. Plus i put a lot of time into my job so I dont want to spend what little free time I have screwing something up. lol

As far as the comment "To me there's nothing gained by wearing a costume you didn't make." Im new to cosplay, so this doesn't bother me. Ive been riding motorcycles for years with a variety of flashy armor, none of which I made. Had no issues with that either. Bada$$ equipment is bada$$ equipment. I would much rather be wearing something made by a professional than my retarded a$$ lol.

okay... both of you have pm contacts. now close this conversation. like nerdtron said, this question is against forum policy.
btw... these costumes arent full plastic suites like your motorcycle protectors. these costumes are made of fiberglass and resin or foam mates. the look is professional but the quality is not. if you want to keep your 1000-2000$ suit for a long time and wear it every year you have to repair and improve "your" armor. if you arent handy enough to build it on your own i dont expact, that you are able to do this.

but this isnt the question. discuss this with your PM contacts.

edit: ahh... i forgot. wellcome to the 405th infantry division. the source of "Learning to Build Master Chief armor"

okay... both of you have pm contacts. now close this conversation. like nerdtron said, this question is against forum policy.
btw... these costumes arent full plastic suites like your motorcycle protectors. these costumes are made of fiberglass and resin or foam mates. the look is professional but the quality is not. if you want to keep your 1000-2000$ suit for a long time and wear it every year you have to repair and improve "your" armor. if you arent handy enough to build it on your own i dont expact, that you are able to do this.

but this isnt the question. discuss this with your PM contacts.

edit: ahh... i forgot. wellcome to the 405th infantry division. the source of "Learning to Build Master Chief armor"

Well put

All this thread has shown is a BLATANT disregard for forum rules not to mention the disrespect towards a community.

put masterchief suit in google shopping, I think some are for sale at $80. They should ensure you don't continually have to make repairs and in the event that you do, you can throw them away and buy another pair.

Well put

All this thread has shown is a BLATANT disregard for forum rules not to mention the disrespect towards a community.

put masterchief suit in google shopping, I think some are for sale at $80. They should ensure you don't continually have to make repairs and in the event that you do, you can throw them away and buy another pair.

on google+ you would have earned a +1 from me ^^ btw. nice helmet you got there

Well put

While this thread does disregard the forum rules, I don't wholly agree that it disrespects the community in any way. Not everybody has the ability nor the time to build a suit of their own, but they would like to own a suit of the excellent quality that the 405th is known for. Should they be condemned to forever costuming in something as bad as the usual ebay costume? I don't think so. If somebody is willing to build a suit for somebody else to enjoy, and the customer is okay with missing out on the fulfillment of building the suit themselves, why blame them?
Saying, "hey, I hear you guys love making armor and I'd love to pay somebody to build be a custom suit," is no more disrespectful than asking a painter if you can hire him to make a portrait.

Yes, we've all worked hard to build what we wear, and that's why we wear it so proudly. But let's not adopt the elitist, "oh... you bought yours?" attitude that seems to be developing in this thread.

Furthermore, if you don't like the thread, let it die by not posting. Making irate remarks will only keep it surfaced for longer, thereby increasing the amount of time it wastes thread space on the frontpage.

its not the fact that he wants to buy a suit. some guys on the board do sell there casts of helmets and blue realm has molded there whole chief suit. the admistration of the site has molds of most of there armor parts too (dont know if they still exists).
but yeah... the "problem" is that we want a community in which you can learn how to do it yourself... we want a community in which you can find a new kind of an hobby which can make you proud. if you dont want to spend the time on making it on your own its kinda okay... and yeah in my opinion its just a matter of time not the skills... then your only choice is to ask for casts of the armor. the possible armor maker, who offers his time on building one armor for him, has to spend the time the which the thread starter dont want to spend.

he has to wait anyways. the armor isnt done in a week, month or a year. the armor is in fact never done and thats the point. a top notch armor which is worth the money (and not the worktime) will take a year with hundreds of hours for the work.

so... to keep it clear... the time on making an armor is shifting to an other person. but the time will keeps the same.
so @scion: my question to you is, how long do you want to wait for your armor. you can get a helmet on time for 150-300$ and a weapon too. the rest of the armor is still a problem. (maybe sean bradley has another odst for sale)

Closed the topic. You are not allowed to make these kinds of topics yet. The 405th isn't a webshop. We are a propmaking community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back