winanti spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fragclone

ok well some virus [supposedly] called winantispyware is on my computer, dunno how its there but i cant delete it :( any idea on what i can do to get it off? i have bought a good virus protector but when i scan the damn thing it says no virius is detected :mad:

ps: yes im still grouned ssshhhh XD

AVG will save your bacon.

If not, google how to remove the virus, there is tons of tech support on google for stuff like this.

I have used Windows Defender since the beta version came out, and haven't had a problem since. The only thing is, it blocks most auto installs and auto downloads with non-standard file formats...like pepakura and flash.

Don't download a free virus/adware program unless it is recomended by someone you know that is knowledgeable of computers, because most of the free ones have adware in them. Go buy one, or try a trial of one that has auto updates.

Virus scanners that do not auto update are almost as bad as not having one at all.

Another option is to take it to a computer repair place. Most of them have a base fee of $15-$25 just to look at it. Virus/Adware removal is usually around that price as well.

P.s. Make sure your firewall is always on.

I recommend AVG, it's free and it is one of the top, much better than norton by many reviewers also. It's been protecting this PC for 5 years now with no problem, cpu usage at 0-1% at all times (unelss bruning DVD/playing games, etc) and everything opens and loads fast on my PC.

Press Ctrl+Alt+Del if you CPU is running unusually high, youve got a trojan virus :( that means youl have to re-install windows. If not try deletedoctor.com (i think thats it if not google it)

i'll try googling something. cus my moms not gonna go buy another virus protector. and yeah i dont like macs :cautious:
anyways thanks guys! :lol:

AVG is free and works fine....I'd try it before buying some expensive anti virus software which doesnt work as well.

LastSpartan said:
Mac got his first virus. A virus working on both PCs and Macs.

Macs are no more secure.

good point but there is alot less virus on a mac then a pc

Last edited by a moderator:
Spartan 051 said:
good point but there is alot less virus on a mac then a pc

There is also alot less stuff on a Mac that a PC is superior..

Example: Most games are out on PCs and not Macs...I haven't seen a single PC game commircal with a Mac logo at the bottom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Grunt, know your stuff before you post :D

Call of duty 4, command and conquer 3, the sims 2, and many other games are on Mac and PC, but 80% of computer games are just for PC.

Also, I saw a mac today in the best buy ad, 13.3 inch screen, intel core 2 duo, 1 gig of ram, 80gig HDD, 1500$

Then I saw a laptop with 3gigs of ram, 250gig HDD, and intel core 2 duo for 800-900$, I dont remember the exact price, I think it was 895$ or 899$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back