Windows Vista Home Premium help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, as most Vista owners know, there is something called Windows Aero. Well it is included in Windows Vista versions Premium and higher. But the thing is, my vista (Premium) does not have the option for it. Idk why, I went to Microsoft.com and I called Microsoft, and I have done everything they said and nothing seemed to work. If someone had a similar problem with a solution, please reply.

I dont remember as I havent used my laptop forever, but there should be an option for using aero in the display settings (right click desktop background > properties)

If you mean use the see through windows and tool bar, there is a marker you check for that in the area you choose your color scheme. But if you mean the windows stacked up and such, that is a button combo you push on your keyboard.

Ok, I called microsoft and they had me do a few commands in the command prompt, and it comes to be that the embedded graphics card inside my laptop (ATI Mobility 9000) can not support the Direct3D which runs Windows Aero. Now I just need to find a way to uninstall Windows Vista,

I have a program which is like windows Aero but uses less graphics power, useless but works on XP.

I was going to tell you if you cant figure it out, your machine cant handle it, but I guess microsoft helped you out first.

I wish I could afford a voodoo envy, those laptops are crazy powerful, they arent made for portability, since they get crappy battery life, but heck, I dont go places with my laptop, I just like the power in a space saving design.

Oh Well wait another 1-2 years, you'll see quad core laptops for 500 dollars everyweek in the store ads, with 8 gigs of ram~!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back