WIP: Full set of Halo 3 variant helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the chin might be bigger than I'm expecting... I would definately choose hugh's, as he's coming out with a lot of "add-ons" for different Character ODST's (dutch and romeo are already done) plus you can make it into a reach odst as well. The construction method is a bit weird, but I really like the concept. Whatever you choose, Looking forward to seeing you build it! You do VERY clean pep-work, that EVA looks like it doesn't even need a smear of bondo..

Yeah, the chin might be bigger than I'm expecting... I would definately choose hugh's, as he's coming out with a lot of "add-ons" for different Character ODST's (dutch and romeo are already done) plus you can make it into a reach odst as well.

I'll definitely have to check them out I think! Determined not to let this one beat me lol. And yeah it seems to have a fair bit of a chin, at least another inch or two to go down from where it currently is.

The construction method is a bit weird, but I really like the concept. Whatever you choose, Looking forward to seeing you build it!

Hmm, I thought I was using a fairly standard method, pep it up, rondo, bondo, sand and paint (or in this case cast and make duplicates)

You do VERY clean pep-work, that EVA looks like it doesn't even need a smear of bondo..

Thanks very much! I literally cut out, fold and add one piece at a time, working from the front top down and back and add the same parts on both sides one after the other to try and keep it balanced ;)

Sorry, should have been more clear. What you actually do is pep sections, and then assemble the completed sections together. (instead of everything joining together.) Once you look at his thread, you'll understand. It's just a different style of assembling the pep.

New mid-week update: ODST underway and about 50% done, quick handplate done to take a slight break. Bondo arrived! So EVA is Rondoed, Hayabusa spikes are Rondoed, CQB shoulder is rondoed and on my long weekend I'll try to get everything else fully rondoed and start bondoing the outsides.

Handplate:

Photo-1160.jpg

All 11 helmets in one place at last!

Photo-1161.jpg

Attachments

• Photo-1160.jpg
    Photo-1160.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 100
  • Photo-1161.jpg
    Photo-1161.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 107
Looking really good so far!
But i'dd suggest eppping a visor in the security helmet
And have you figured out something for the security visor?
If not, check this out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Gold...39511QQptZApparelQ5fMerchandise#ht_2106wt_941

Thanks :) Not really needing the visor pepped in there tbh, I've braced it and am bondoing step by step to avoid warping as best as i can. That visor looks totally perfect for what I had planned, hadn't gotten round to finding one yet...

I want the same thing in my room =D

Just a awesome work.

Thanks very much :) And go for it, it's really fun to try!

Got a little bit of time today to do some sanding work so I smoothed out the Recon a little

Photo-1181.jpg

Photo-1182.jpg

And a little time smoothing the Reach grenade

Photo-1183.jpg

Attachments

• Photo-1181.jpg
    Photo-1181.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 103
  • Photo-1183.jpg
    Photo-1183.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Photo-1182.jpg
    Photo-1182.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 111
Got a bit of time this morning to start coating the EVA helm in filler, just doing very thin layers step by step rather than just caking it on like I did on my first project.

Photo-1198.jpg

Photo-1199.jpg

And here's a few random pieces I started up on the days I've not been able to head out and filler or sand, I found NickT's shin in my collection of pep files and loved the look so pepped that up, shoulder wise I have the standard Mk VI, CQB, EVA and Scout panels. Will be interesting to see how the Meta suit comes along...

Photo-1193.jpg

EDITED

Managed to get a bit of smoothing done before the mouse sander destroyed my wrist again ;) So one side smoothed off, found a couple of slight indents that need re-fillered again so I'll get on that later tonight or tomorrow. And yes the filler is fine enough at points to see the tab numbers...

Photo-1201.jpg

Attachments

• Photo-1199.jpg
    Photo-1199.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Photo-1198.jpg
    Photo-1198.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Photo-1201.jpg
    Photo-1201.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 102
  • Photo-1193.jpg
    Photo-1193.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 103
Weekly update time!

Have decided to put my current CQB to one side and rebuild using the absolutely fantastic model just released by , looks totally gorgeous!

Started on the chest for my Meta build yesterday and I'm about halfway through it now, bit big looking but it should be a decent fit.

And lastly: The EVA helm is coming along, up to 1800 sandpaper today to try and smooth it off a bit and a test coat of chrome paint to see how it'll look

Photo-1214.jpg

Attachments

• Photo-1214.jpg
    Photo-1214.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 101
I completely agree with you comment on how awesome the new cqb helmet is. I'm currently making it also and just finished up an hd mark vi torso. Great work :D

Lovely and smooth with all the detail already there L3X did a great job with it :D I'm about halfway through a Mk VI torso atm for my other wee project too. And thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back