With what do I put the bondo in parts that arent flat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarigueya2

I know that you put the bondo like with a card or something like that put I don't know how to put it in parts that aren't flat

oh, you mean applying?
you can use any cheap, disposable brush.
I get 'em 3 for a dollar at the dollarstore.

Bondo itself is too thick to apply with a brush.

Rondo (Bondo and Resin) is much easier to work with, and can be applied with a brush.

I have used a brush for both, but yes, Rondo is much easier to work with. If you look around that page I sent a link to Rondo-ing, it highlights the steps for doing it.

I use straight up Bondo spot putty with my finger. *shrug*

Just make sure you have high grade *disposable* gloves and that you've sanded the part down enough, if a tear appears simply put on a fresh glove.

I'll probably die of cancer in a year. :p

You could buy the 3 pc applicator kit that bondo sells. Bought one at walmart right next to the bondo/resin real cheap , they are flexible .

For straight up bondo, they sell plastic applicators, little trowel things, for like 30 cents or sumthin. Just buy a bunch because after a few times of use, the non-stick coating wears off and it doesn't work as well anymore.

if you buy the big tub of Bondo, have the person at the paint counter put it in the paint shaker for a bit. Made it nice and runny when I had them do that.

Rather than me starting a thread about this, why not add to the OP's question?
When using bondo (which i plan on doing) how much should i put on? and should i put it everywhere or just one place?

when applying bondo i use scrap cardboard cause i go through them like crazy. make sure to use a new piece after each batch you mix up. i generally start with 1 or 2 spoonfuls and work it an area at a time. typically if i have a piece that is symetrical i'll do half to keep the other piece for reference and then do the other. i work in this sequence. pep, resin outside, resin inside, rondo inside only, first layer bondo and then sand. you'll bondo several times to get it right.

When I bondo, I put it where I need it. If a curve is there in the real deal, but my pepakura has polygons, I put it there (like the dome of the ODST helmet), but if it's already got the right curve, I don't. (for example, the extensions by the cheeks on the same helmet)

I just put a bunch down to cover the polygons and sanded till it was more acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back