Wort! Blarg! Honk! 3D printed Covi Elite.DONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wort! Blarg! Honk! 3D printing a Covi Elite.

Here, I have a video capture so I've made some screenshots for you. These are uncompressed 1920x1080px. And... there is not a single hex pattern on the undersuit. o_O

My Great Capture Screenshot 2016-03-28 02-59-03.png
My Great Capture Screenshot 2016-03-28 02-59-18.png
My Great Capture Screenshot 2016-03-28 03-00-10.png
My Great Capture Screenshot 2016-03-28 03-00-20.png
My Great Capture Screenshot 2016-03-28 03-01-02.png

As for changing voice... The only thing that comes up to my mind is a voice changer? o_O

As for paint of Rtas 'Vadum - his armor is actually white, not silver. o_O In Halo 2 his armor was gray-ish, but with the Anniversary they made it almost white... If you look closely you can see silver metal on some scratched edges... But it's just either light gray or white.
I'm doing an armor that also is mainly light-gray, so it was the first thing I was trying out how to weather it.

maxresdefault.jpgH2A_-_Rtas_with_Truth.jpg

PS. Here is a render from Halo 2 of Rtas, so his armor originally was quite bright as well... o.o
H2-SpecOps-Elite-Render.jpg

I should have worded it better, I dont use silver per say but is a pearl metal flake paint..

The SoS elites have no hex .
I am however basing my textures/colors on the H2A Rtas.from blur
I have no way to make a SoS elite bodysuit unless I did it as a Dye sub print and thats 100 bucks on the interwebs from China and 3 weeks.

This was my main go to pic for the colors and textures.
H2A_CinematicRender_Rtas'Vadummee-4View.jpg
and this was for the face .
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/2/24/H2A_CinematicRender_Rtas'Vadummee-Close.jpg

Thel is gold flake .... as Rtas is close in rank same flake in pearl silver looks right
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/2/29/H2A_CinematicRender_Thel_%27Vadam-PreArbiter-4View.jpg

in short . half jaw bulked up . got a shorter neck
There was no way I could do the full blur H2A suit as seen , the Knees are far to short.
the H5 SoS elites have such short necks and legs I can fake it no stilts needed..
The Elite minor armor in H4 is very close to the H5 SoS armor . hence the H4 file.

Oh ok! Sorry. In Halo 4/5 all Elites - Covenant or Swords have no hex actually. :D They re-use the models and just change the colors. ;)

Oh wow! Really?! So expensive?! Some people in my country were talking about it lately and they found it in my country for like 25$... You have to cut out and sew the pieces yourself I think, but it's cheap... I'd have used it myself, but I have no idea how to make the design of the suit digitally ^^" So I've ended doing it by hand... ._.

Blur Studio did outstanding job on these cutscenes, loved H2A... But yeah, I agree - Rtas's armor color is just <3

I know right! his armor paint reminds me of a fancy freshly waxed Mercedes benz ;)
I had the option to get the dye sub suit but the shipping window fell out side of my comfort zone for the con that's in a week and a half.

I was inspired by your hex and I was like . "Oh the heck with it all. its only 40 bucks suit locally " . I can afford to goof twice vs the print and ship from china.

I used a dollar store laundry bag for the hex.

Here is the exact elite I used per game model with diff shoulders.

Halo-4-Elite-halo-30585551-1349-1920.jpg

I used the commander shoulder as they look closer to the H2A ones.

My only thing I would add is gauntlets and perhaps a home brew thing in the waist...

Oh yeah! Agreed.... but don't wax your armor! ;D

Oh yeah, if you have a cheap solution like I did - doing yourself the pattern is great. :D Sure, it's time consuming, but waaay cheaper than doing it any other way. ^^"

Oooh, you mean THAT pattern! :D
That undersuit is actually from Halo 4. I DON'T KNOW WHY they removed all hex pattern from undersuit - both Elites and Spartans (leaving jsut a tiny bit on chest and shoulders... wtf) - can't understand because I loved that design.

You could use a hex pattern for that, but if you look closely, the Covenant uses kinda triangle- and oval-shaped pattern that's inconsistent - smaller and bigger, different shapes - of their undersuit.
I think both - hexagon pattern, like with H2A's Rtas or such unique pattern fit Elites. They look so unique with any of these pattern or just simple undersuit.

As for the gauntlets - you can always go and add some gaultets from Halo Reach :D
It's bit weird that they made all Sangheili without forearm protection... o.o

I was looking at some shoulder stuff. ( height and standoff from arm) for my suit
I ran in to this!!

http://binderart.blogspot.com/2013/01/halo-4-character-art_16.html

EDIT

Its Time!,,,,,,,,,

I Declare RTAS Done with Alfa stage !!

On to a full day of Beta testing to see how long I can last in this thing! See what breaks. Me or the armor first!

It's super nice outside and I am in the mood to Scare folks ! Keep my city weird !
Too bad Cant fit my big feet on the segway! . Ill have to * hoof* it ..

perhaps I need to maker a ghost ( I wish I had the space for one)

WORT WORT WORT!!!!

Edit I can barely walk a half a mile.

its NOT a costume I can march in. its Def for a hour and thats it! . I am SO glad I made a marine as a backup for down time...

Wuss ! :D

No seriously : When I saw the initial walk-test video I can't imagine I was the only one thinking "and how long are you hoping to walk in full armor that way ?".
It looked surprisingly good in terms of range of freedom, but it also looked far too energy consuming to walk that way for a longer period of time.
Acutally, I think the mere fact you did get half a mile done that way is not something all that many would have endured.

By the way, I would SO have liked to see the reactions of people in your area when you were "letting the beast out". :)
So next time, please pack an action camera. I can imagine there's plenty of funny reactions around when some alien monster would walk over our streets and I HOPE it's the same thing over at your place. Or a quad drone in "follow me" mode. That would freak out more than one person in the right conditions. :)

Well folks Its a few days till KHANNNN .. I did a full-up test at the portland Microsoft store to support the PBL team this past sunday.

vlcsnap-2016-04-06-21h12m33s133.png

To catch some fresh air I went around the block in my suit and it took 20 Min to do that. I kept being hounded for pics ;) (( Screen grabs from the MiniCam))

vlcsnap-2016-04-06-21h10m19s202.png
Kaween that shot is for you...

so far I can last 3 H in it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

As of sunday I declare RTAS Vadum DONE. the beta was successfull .
Here are the glam shots

vlcsnap-2016-04-06-21h29m17s225.png vlcsnap-2016-04-06-21h29m33s93.png vlcsnap-2016-04-06-21h29m42s0.png vlcsnap-2016-04-06-21h29m52s88.png

vlcsnap-2016-04-06-21h30m38s4.png

And that wraps up another 3D printed set of armor.

About 400H of build time. about 450 bucks too. less plastic was used then chief .but there were some costs in the mask I gutted and lights that added up quick.

For rtas I made a few props .
2 Covi datapads . those took about 10 H to make and 80 bucks.

Peter.....

Well folks Its a few days till KHANNNN .. I
View attachment 25896
Kaween that shot is for you...

so far I can last 3 H in it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Peter.....

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. PRICELESS. BRILJANT ! :lol

Excellent stuff Peter, as always ! Congrats on a job wel done !

HAH! Good spotting !..

I wrecked both my Real feet and the boots I made. the grass was not playing well with the faux feet.
Un even stress put cracks in them. NO fear I am gonna make new ones with a new Idea and less angle.

( I want to test them in CAD )

Ive never felt that much feet pain in years. I have neropathy and the feet Really makes it super bad.

but it also tells me that I need to take some time to do more R and D on human motion .

I * may * do a test on the tredmills 2 so I can stay with wide feet stance some motion pics.
I am in the ballpark but The issue is I need a way to fake the toes as a sub foot that I Can * perk* up on . LIke i ballet .

so lets say at the 22 ish Degrees I have now is tooo much for non elite walking . but its not enough to have for In charature mode.

I Can walk at 10 degrees and lets say toe walk at 25 Degrees. Its easy to do but I need to re print the feet Or at the very least use wood to have there be 2 angles . Like the rocker shoes from the 00s . just 2 parts not a round.

Damn, your costume is so cool and really so cute! :D
I've seen many photos on facebook, so I kinda forgot to comment here... until today, until I've seen this goodness:

9rjDwY.gif

People might see a derping Spartan, while all I see is a hilarious cute Elite jiggle-jiggle butt. XD

Your build turned out great, really! :D
I also find your tiny hands are cute, but the whole costume and the lights at the back... awesome1 ^^
And that face! :D

Now, I'll never forget your Elite build and the butt jiggle-jiggle. xD

Attachments

• 9rjDwY.gif
    9rjDwY.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 267
That spine/butt was a cool trick. Its based on a pre biased 4inch wide elastic strap.. it lets the spine parts float.
if i was to do the *bend and snap* the parts would expand like in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back