WTFrench?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm just jealous of anyone that has learned latin

Be jealous no more my friend! :D http://translate.google.com/#

I only know one sentence in French, "Je ne parle pas Francias." I do not speak French :D

Edit: That should be "Francais". I failed first year French...too many years ago to count.

On topic: I think the place we call Wal-mart would best be compared to your Auchan. You may be able to find these items there.

I am not a huge fan of the French, especially considering my strong Anglo-Saxon heritage, but you sound like you are alright. If you ask me though, I suggest that you all revert back to your status as the Franks, rather than the French. No one would ever talk crap about the Franks because they were so hardcore! Besides, the Franks would never criticize awesome battle armor. They are way too cool to do so. I think you could start a nationwide movement, my friend.

I am not a huge fan of the French, especially considering my strong Anglo-Saxon heritage, but you sound like you are alright. If you ask me though, I suggest that you all revert back to your status as the Franks, rather than the French. No one would ever talk crap about the Franks because they were so hardcore! Besides, the Franks would never criticize awesome battle armor. They are way too cool to do so. I think you could start a nationwide movement, my friend.

They were also violent and had strange beliefs :/

Ici, en Canada, on peut acheter beaucoup de nos materiels a "Canadian Tire". "walmart" nest pas un bonne chose pour les petit magazins.

Pardon my french, its been a while.

Your french is really good

Hey french people! Don't you think our laguage is dumb and way too complicated?
~
Hey les francais! Vous pensez pas que notre langue est stupide et beaucoup trop complexe?

Haha thanks guys for all your support :D !!

~
Hey les francais! Vous pensez pas que notre langue est stupide et beaucoup trop complexe?

Stupide, non. Complexe, un peu oui :)
~
Dumb, it isn't. Complicated, yes, it is a bit :)

On topic: I think the place we call Wal-mart would best be compared to your Auchan. You may be able to find these items there.

Actually, Auchan can't be compare with the wal-mart because auchan si most for the food provisions :) But your sentence makes me smile: auchan is a small French store chain and it's so funny that you know it :D

Haha thanks guys for all your support :D !!

~

Stupide, non. Complexe, un peu oui :)
~
Dumb, it isn't. Complicated, yes, it is a bit :)

Actually, Auchan can't be compare with the wal-mart because auchan si most for the food provisions :) But your sentence makes me smile: auchan is a small French store chain and it's so funny that you know it :D

It always makes me stifle a laugh when I realize Walmart is only in America (and a few in China).

Walmart sells just about everything. They're like a massive grocery on one side, then there are clothes in a section, baby care between clothes and food, shoes, housewares, office supplies, pharmaceutical, hygeine, makeup, pet supply, toys, electronics, automotive, sports, and a gardening section, outside in a cage. It's like an air conditioned warehouse with less harsh lighting. It's hard to describe. Look up pictures, I guess.

Dizzerak, Google Translate is absolutely terrible at translating Latin. I've tested Japanese, German, Dutch, Swedish, Danish, Chinese, and Korean with people I know, who speak those languages, and it consistently comes closer to those than to Latin. Anima supero machinam!

En Angleterre, ils n'aime pas de Halo. Mais, J'adore de Halo.
In england, everyone hate halo. But, i love halo.
P.S everyone in school is a cod fan and has to always constantly offend halo when its mentioned.

Yeah, you're right SchizophrenicMC. It's so sorry that Wal-mart is only in the USA and a few in China ...

Blowing bomb:
In France too man :(

EDIT:
Excuse me for the double post, yesterday I had so many bugs -_-"...

They (The Franks) were also violent and had strange beliefs :/

Not so, my friend. Of course, they were violent, but it wasn't violence for violence sake. The Franks had basically been civilized by the Romans, who had occupied the area for about 400 years. They did have some stranger beliefs in their beginning, namely their religion which was very similar to the Germanic paganism of the time (Norse mythology).

In 496 though, during a battle with the Alemanni, the Frankish king Clovis I, who was being defeated handily, rejected his paganism and begged God to help him carry the day. Against all odds, the Franks emerged victorious and Clovis and 3000 of his warriors converted to Christianity and were baptized on the battlefield.

Fast forward roughly 200 years. The banners of Islam, under the Umayyad Caliphate, have overrun Spain and are at Gaul's (what would later become France) doorstep. Muslims, led by the General ‘Abdul Rahman Al Ghafiqi (say that 10 times fast) faced off against the Franks, under Charles Martel (literally Charles the Hammer), at the Battle of Tours, also known as the Battle of Poitiers. After two days of fighting, Charles defeated the Muslims and killed Al Ghafiqi in battle. The Muslim forces ended their campaign in Gaul and retreated back into Spain. Many historians agree that if Charles had not defeated the Muslims that day, Europe would have fell to the sways of Islam and we would not be who we are today.

About 50 years later, Charlemagne (Charles the Great) was crowned King. All accounts describe him as a man of honor and God who was deeply loved by all of his subjects and by everyone who knew him personally. Through his campaigns and actions, he united Western Europe and on top of being known as the "Father of Europe," he laid the foundations for what we would know to be France and the Holy Roman Empire. Through his actions, Medieval Europe was defined for centuries to come.

So you see, Franks weren't weird or violent. They were courageous, honorable warriors who helped define the Western world. Of course, there are always weird and violent people in any culture or society, but luckily for the Franks, they weren't defined by such people.

Please forgive my history lesson. I love Medieval History and will always jump on the chance to talk or write about it.

Not so, my friend. Of course, they were violent, but it wasn't violence for violence sake. The Franks had basically been civilized by the Romans, who had occupied the area for about 400 years.
[...]
Please forgive my history lesson. I love Medieval History and will always jump on the chance to talk or write about it.

Lolz I already knew pretty much all you said ^^ But in my mind franks remain violent: they made war! (at least, compared to me they are violent)

Oh Yeah and the regular evryday normal frenchmen plays CoD and CoD but mostly CoD...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back