WWII Recanting/Volunteering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaming Sentry

I started volunteering at the National Museum of The Pacific War about a year ago now and I thought that some people In the 405th would also have a interest in this topic

full.jpg

A group picture with my friends and I am on the far right with a M1928 Thompson

full.jpg

This would be a the general kit for a USMC marine during WWII

It is different than you would think in between enactments (2 Saturday,2 Sunday)
we will Play games watch movies play video games cards against humanity almost anything you want
full.jpg

full.jpg

If you have any questions ask away I will treat this as a ask me anything

That is way cool. I love that others out there are keeping in remembrance what those guys went through.

When you decide to reenact VMF-214 Black sheep, lemme know!

Wow! This is so cool! Unfortunately there's no reenacting really accessible to me in my area. But I really love WWII and military subjects. I've been thinking about doing some sort of military cosplay perhaps. Since you're in Texas there's really nothing I can ask that would be of use to me!:( Thanks so much for sharing though! I personally would love to see more WWII/military content on the forums!

Great to see another reenactor hanging around! Patatrooper here, currently the commanding officer of Dog company 2/506th, 101st airborne. Great looking impression!

Attachments

• 40048681_10212432512789010_6163183541824782336_o.jpg
    40048681_10212432512789010_6163183541824782336_o.jpg
    432.3 KB · Views: 200
  • 42846263_10212648498348514_720332286884577280_o.jpg
    42846263_10212648498348514_720332286884577280_o.jpg
    555.8 KB · Views: 186
  • 78090639-_OLY3343.jpg
    78090639-_OLY3343.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 488
Wow! This is so cool! Unfortunately there's no reenacting really accessible to me in my area. But I really love WWII and military subjects. I've been thinking about doing some sort of military cosplay perhaps. Since you're in Texas there's really nothing I can ask that would be of use to me!:( Thanks so much for sharing though! I personally would love to see more WWII/military content on the forums!

Check out this website, they have a list of most of the reenactment units around including the areas they operate in.

HRS Units - WWII HRS

Check out this website, they have a list of most of the reenactment units around including the areas they operate in.

HRS Units - WWII HRS

Thanks! I checked out the site before. I'm not sure if I found anything really up to date in my area.:( There is a local con I plan on going to though, I could do a tactical or WWII cosplay there. I think it's a better fit for me anyway, because I'm not a stickler for historical accuracy. I definitely appreciate hardcore attention to detail, but budget and artistic license is more my thing.

Thanks! I checked out the site before. I'm not sure if I found anything really up to date in my area.:( There is a local con I plan on going to though, I could do a tactical or WWII cosplay there. I think it's a better fit for me anyway, because I'm not a stickler for historical accuracy. I definitely appreciate hardcore attention to detail, but budget and artistic license is more my thing.

You can still put together a phenomenal impression on a budget, plenty of companies that make reproductions make budget items. At the front, SOF militaria, epic militaria, and hessian antiques all make quality repros for all types of impressions! If you have anything specific in mind I could try and direct you in the right direction!

You can still put together a phenomenal impression on a budget, plenty of companies that make reproductions make budget items. At the front, SOF militaria, epic militaria, and hessian antiques all make quality repros for all types of impressions! If you have anything specific in mind I could try and direct you in the right direction!

Cool! Thanks for the links! Part of my problem is simply deciding on a specific impression, because there's so many to choose from. I'm pretty happy with just doing a more "hollywood" or video-game inspired impression, espeicially if I'm going to a local comic con, rather than a reenactment event. Trouble is, I've found a lot of resources for reenacting, but not things that are readily available and easily accessible. It would be a lot easier in the future though if I really wanted to get involved. I'm still finishing up school, not currently working, and I don't even drive yet (just turned 18, and now I get to skip driver's ed when I start training:D) So the advice is great, but figured I would mention that because otherwise it makes it seem like I'm turning down perfectly reasonably suggestions!

Do some research on units, find something that appeals to you and run with it. I ended up with airborne due to the way the airborne were portrayed in Band of Brothers. That being said there are nearly endless possibilities when it come to WWII units.

I still have my equipment but ive been out of it for a couple of years. I was reenacting as the 4th Gebirgsjagers. I loved the community on both sides and always had a fun time. Unfortunately life just cought up to me and has hindered a bunch of my hobbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back