WZ's ODST Buck Build Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked a bit more on the SMG model today, mostly done designing the trigger, handle, foregrip, stock and how these pieces interact with the other ones as well as making sure I can actually install them where they need to be.
Next up is finishing the upper body part and the stock shaft (?).

M7S_smg_wip_02_01.png

Overview.
M7S_smg_wip_02_02.png

Exploded View.
M7S_smg_wip_02_03.png

Stock latch.
M7S_smg_wip_02_04.png
M7S_smg_wip_02_05.png

Stock latch system crosscut.

Worked a bit more on the SMG model today, mostly done designing the trigger, handle, foregrip, stock and how these pieces interact with the other ones as well as making sure I can actually install them where they need to be.
Next up is finishing the upper body part and the stock shaft (?).

View attachment 282105
Overview.
View attachment 282106
Exploded View.
View attachment 282107
Stock latch.
View attachment 282108View attachment 282109
Stock latch system crosscut.
This is...intense. Love it!

Happy New Year Y'all!

I'm back from vacation, aka being a potato with valkyrjacosplay and watch a whole bunch of TV shows/ going to parties. Even though I didn't do much in my 2 weeks off, my trusty workshop companion (Mr. 3D Printer) was picking up the slack and dished out a few pieces for the SMG.
Here's where I'm at so far. I still have a few pieces to model, but its progressing nicely.

M7S_smg_wip_03_01.png

Green = Printed, Purple = Ready to Print.

I've also started my sanding process on some of the pieces, as you can see below. Quite happy with the progress so far.

M7S_smg_wip_03_02.jpg

In an ideal world, I'd like to be done with it before mid-February. Lets see if I can make that happen :p

Some more progress !
I haven't been able to do much in the last 2 weeks as I've been encountering some issues with my printer about 1 1/2 weeks ago which rendered it unusable and I only fixed the problem 5 days ago. Also as of yesterday, I'm having issues with my server crashing mid-print, so that's another problem I gotta figure out now...
In all cases, I'm pretty much done printing all the big pieces and managed to do a quick dry assembly to see how most the pieces fitted together.
Overall, not bad at all. With some more sanding and fine tuning, its going to fit and look much better.

IMG_20200127_163424.jpg

Last edited:
Well I now know what i'm doing with my gameroom...
I believe every prop maker should have at least a wall dedicated to showing the hard work they've put into their creation, no mater how small the wall or the work. It easily serves as a reminder that you're capable of doing great things and it also gives motivation to keep working to fill that wall and improve on your earlier work :)
So yeah, you should definitely make one haha

That wall is a work of art!
It ain't full yet, still got space for future projects (including the smg of course) ;)

I believe every prop maker should have at least a wall dedicated to showing the hard work they've put into their creation, no mater how small the wall or the work. It easily serves as a reminder that you're capable of doing great things and it also gives motivation to keep working to fill that wall and improve on your earlier work :)
So yeah, you should definitely make one haha

It ain't full yet, still got space for future projects (including the smg of course) ;)

I hear yah! I've been meaning to put more on my wall but I agree that it's a great idea! The smg will make a fine addition to the collection!

Almost finished with the main gun parts, couple spots here and there that could use a tiny bit more polish, but besides that, not much else.

I still have to finish designing and modelling the laser pointer and the sight, but that's pretty much all there is left to print/make.

Also, the rail works pretty well, I'm able to attach existing accessories to it without issues. Looks pretty dope imo.

IMG_20200212_060558.jpg

IMG_20200211_205836.jpg

Alrighty, so, I'm pretty much done building/sanding the prop and doing the electronics. Really happy how it all came together, especially the electronics parts.
This week is going to be spent painting it !

IMG_20200223_174638.jpg
IMG_20200223_180331.jpg

Last edited:
Alrighty folks, here it is, the finished M7S SMG !
Quite happy with how it turned out and definitely worth/rewarding to go through all that hassle bringing it to life :)

IMG_20200303_193744.jpg
IMG_20200303_193818.jpg
IMG_20200303_193839.jpg
IMG_20200303_193925.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200303_193839.jpg
    IMG_20200303_193839.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back