XBL and HughesNet problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendude

Last night I bought a XBL Gold Card to play XBL with friends on Halo Reach Multiplayer. Well I am having a problem with my system. The Multiplayer Matchmaking will come up but when I select something like Rumble Pit or Team Slayer for instance and I go to the next screen it just continues to search for plaayers and does not go any further, I cannot remember exactly what it showed when I went to my Network settings on Reach but the middle one showed as OPEN but the top and bottom things in Network settings showed UNDECTECTED. I had a problem recently with Hughesnet and a website where I was having problems downloading from that website I visited and I am trying to find out how can I fix the settings between my Hughesnet and the XBOX because after spening $100 on XBL Gold Cards last night I had better be able to use the Multiplayer and play other people and I just want to get this fixed so I can do that does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?

Dude, I hate to have to tell you, but HughesNet is a satellite interet provider, and does not support online matchmaking for any video game. :( I use a similar provider, called Wildblue, and have also never been able to access matchmaking from my house. The reason behind this is latency, the time it takes for a signal from one end of a connection to reach the other end. For most all satellite providers, the latency clocks in around 3-4 seconds, well above what games like Halo and CoD require for online multiplayer. Halo requires a latency below roughly 200 milliseconds, a fraction of what HughesNet provides, rendering matchmaking innopperable. When I found this out about three years ago, I was devastated. I subscribe to Xbox Live Gold myself, but I use it to gain access to features like messages and content downloading. With Wildblue, I can send text and voice messages, download content for my games, track my stats and achievements, and have friends, but I cannot do any kind of connecting over Live.

I'm really sorry man. I do have one small thing to add though. Being the kind of guy who refuses to give up, I've done a lot of research into satellite gaming. One thing I found is that there is a possibility that satellite gamers may be able to connect with other satellite gamers because of their similar latency. Being a satellite gamer myself, we should try and see if we can connect with each other in a custom lobby without any lag. If you want to try this sometime, send me a friend request. My GT is CRANKdatMoNkEy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back