Xbox 360?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, I have all but a 360 at this point, I have a first-shipment ps3 (works great) a first shipment wii (also works great) but no 360, why? Because not enough holidays have happened to receive all three. So now the holidays are soon to come, within the next few months. 360 is something I have wanted for awhile, and am seriously considering it as something to ask for on the holidays, the price may drop a bit more by then. However, the one thing that is holding me back, is the so-called "ring of doom". I am seeing way too many people saying that their 360's overheat, and what with the reputation of x-box consoles having problems with overheating, I am sort of scared to get one, because if I do, if it's as bad as I think it is, then it could very well break and I would be stuck waiting several months for microsoft to do something about it. I don't have money to buy a bunch of the same consol every time it breaks, so if I get one, especualy seeing as how current gen consoles are way more costly then last gen, it will have to last until they release a completly new console (ps4 for example as that is the only one with a linear name that can be guessed)

any advice on which 360 version to get, which games to get with it, and what add-ons/warranties to get? Thanks.

Edit: I also have a 60+ inch high def projection screen T.V. so any high def. add-ons are viable

just go for the xbox 360 premium and you'll want a play and charge kit, and 12 months gold xbox live and a must halo 3.

its the best thing since sliced bread =]

like he said get the premium and the 360 does easly overheat but just keep it in a well ventilated area and it should be fine

you must realize that easily over a million consoles have been sold... you only hear from the people who have red-ringed... first release 360's had a 30% failure rate, but its much better now, and there is the free replacement program that Microsoft offers along with a 5 year warranty for everything on the 360, they'll even shine your game disks for you is they start to get scratched.

I just got a premium first of this month (got halo 3 on the 25th though):lol: .
Get a premium. They come with a HDMI port now. :D I agree with CrAzY CH13F, get the charge and play, Halo 3, and Live.

my xbox 360 was a first release one and it red rigned 2 weeks before halo 3 released here in the UK, make sure you have it in a well aired out area, and try and keep the dust as minimal as you can.

I don't really have a problem with keeping it well ventilated, though the only thing is, I keep all my systems on a shelf in the entertainment center, so there are walls on three sides, and the top and bottom, but it's open in the front, would that work? Or is there a better way to set it up?

I got the Elite Version (Buy one, its sick nasty awesome) and it hasn't over heated for over 9 months now. You have to get Halo 3, and if you are worried about overheating then just buy fan and put is behind the 360.

Edit: I think they have a cooler that plugs onto the 360 now, correct me if i'm wrong.

Xavier said:
you must realize that easily over a million consoles have been sold... you only hear from the people who have red-ringed... first release 360's had a 30% failure rate, but its much better now, and there is the free replacement program that Microsoft offers along with a 5 year warranty for everything on the 360, they'll even shine your game disks for you is they start to get scratched.
free replacement... that takes three months...

i would get the elite, i havent heard of one Red Ringing yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back