Xbox Hardware Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvb4life

Here's my predicament-

I have an Xbox 360 Wired controller, and when i go to plug it in, it doesn't turn on, no lights flash, the xbox doesn't even recognize it.
When i go to plug it in the PC, again, same problem- no lights, no nothing.

Can anyone help me on this? I know this isnt Yahoo Answers or anything, but i think you guys can help me out. At least, i think someone has had this problem before, right?

rvb4life said:
Here's my predicament-

I have an Xbox 360 Wired controller, and when i go to plug it in, it doesn't turn on, no lights flash, the xbox doesn't even recognize it.
When i go to plug it in the PC, again, same problem- no lights, no nothing.

Can anyone help me on this? I know this isnt Yahoo Answers or anything, but i think you guys can help me out. At least, i think someone has had this problem before, right?

I am not familiar with your problems. Have you checked out Microsoft Support online?

Last edited by a moderator:
heum... if you push the BIG WHITE / GREEN XBoX BUTTON and nothing appen... return this joystick where you buy that thing, and buy another one...

heres how to find out if its broken.. plug it in.. doesnt work... well wiggle and bend the cables close to the contoller, and the nubbys and the plug in connector... if nothing happens its a peice of junk...

therefor you have the obligation to:
1. google this fraze (wired xbox 360 controller not turning on)
2. tear it apart and re-soder the ends...
3. replace usb cord...
4. still nothing... well then i'd tear it apart and make a wintereenmas staff... view link below for reference

wintereenmas staff

thats all i have for you on that.. maybe paperwheight.... remove the cord?

regards
fluffy

okay, so its probably dead. Most likely dead. I'm gonna go get another wireless controller, then.

rvb4life said:
okay, so its probably dead. Most likely dead. I'm gonna go get another wireless controller, then.

While you are at it, get yourself a decent pair of recharable AA batteries and a battery charger. Costs more than a pack of batteries, but saves you money in the long run. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The wires on the inside of the controller maybe broke off, which can be fix really easily,by sotering it back or anything around that. if the wires are still connected then you could black tape it down and see if its the problem

If you do salvage the controller, maybe you can make it into a necklace. If you want it lighter, maybe you can kinda scrap the innards, and keep the thing u need to maintain the outer appearance. Just a suggestion.

I'd definitely recommend cracking it open before you just toss it out. It could be a visible easy to fix problem. From the sounds of it it's probably a loose wire somewhere.

I did open it, nothing seems to be wrong, No wires frayed, disconnected, nothing. I'll tell ya, those rumble things are a pain to get back in, though.

My guess is the board is fried. Now that i think about it, that makes the most sense. I will get a new controller.

now to go to 4chan and see what /b/ has me do with this one ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back