Xtremenoobs - Halo Infinite Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think he has modelled the boots yet.

But in the clip seen in the video game awards, the soles definitely look based on the halo 4/5 iteration with the two protrusions on the side. It still has the package/FUD aspect to it though.

Managed to find an answer. Cross referenced the "Hope" trailer with the "Halo: Legends" "The Package" scene. The boots are the FUD design but with minor additions visible in Legends. The toe cap are merged with visual elements like the side wedges and the inward slop on the front. The back of the boot I don't know, to little info has been shown about them to guess minute details

Xtremenoob has since made an update, but he hasn't posted it here, it's on his Facebook page.

He's looking out for us :)

Cheers for the upload, my day job has kept me busy through Christmas so progress is slow. I apologise. I wish this was a full time job for me,

In other news I have spent the past few nights working bit by bit to fix my chest model. I will be uploading it "as is" and anyone can take a stab at unfolding, I also have done my first attempt at hydro chroming with a moderate level of success ( I failed a few visors and others have small contamination spots) as I am still learning.
visor.jpg

Cheers for the upload, my day job has kept me busy through Christmas so progress is slow. I apologise. I wish this was a full time job for me,

In other news I have spent the past few nights working bit by bit to fix my chest model. I will be uploading it "as is" and anyone can take a stab at unfolding, I also have done my first attempt at hydro chroming with a moderate level of success ( I failed a few visors and others have small contamination spots) as I am still learning. View attachment 282349
These are a great start for sure!! If you dont mind sharing, what steps are you following for these visors so far? iDye then hydrochrome or is there another step in between?

These are a great start for sure!! If you dont mind sharing, what steps are you following for these visors so far? iDye then hydrochrome or is there another step in between?
Once dyed with Idye-poly I Spray a special basecoat supplied with my chroming kit for the chrome to bond to. Its a clear of some sort that has to be spray properly otherwise you get an orange peal effect like I did. Then chrome the visors with the sprays. Then I sprayed a topcoat to protect the chrome. So most likely I have to re-vacuumform, dye and chrome more visors, if I want them looking perfect.

Once dyed with Idye-poly I Spray a special basecoat supplied with my chroming kit for the chrome to bond to. Its a clear of some sort that has to be spray properly otherwise you get an orange peal effect like I did. Then chrome the visors with the sprays. Then I sprayed a topcoat to protect the chrome. So most likely I have to re-vacuumform, dye and chrome more visors, if I want them looking perfect.
Very awesome and I'm really glad you were willing to share this. I've watched a bunch of videos before on hydro chroming but never on a visor application. The steps work pretty much like I had expected they would. Beautiful work man, they look great! Also, I'm pretty sure its difficult to get them 100% flawless, even the Branfuhr ones have little blems here and there but are "perfect" for a hand made item. I consider yours pretty much "perfect" as well from what I can tell in the video. Again, thank you very much for sharing with such a great video tutorial!

Very awesome and I'm really glad you were willing to share this. I've watched a bunch of videos before on hydro chroming but never on a visor application. The steps work pretty much like I had expected they would. Beautiful work man, they look great! Also, I'm pretty sure its difficult to get them 100% flawless, even the Branfuhr ones have little blems here and there but are "perfect" for a hand made item. I consider yours pretty much "perfect" as well from what I can tell in the video. Again, thank you very much for sharing with such a great video tutorial!

Thanks ;)
Im trying to upload things like this so others can do it to. I share my experiences so we all can help each other.

Side note, does anyone know how to make either Armoursmith or Pepakura work on MacOS Catalina?
I don't know if this works with catalina, but you could try running it with WINE. It works fine for pepakure under ubuntu, so I don't see a reason it shouldn't work. If it doesn't though, you could always use a Virtual Machine and run either Windows or ubuntu or another linux distro in it.

I don't know if this works with catalina, but you could try running it with WINE. It works fine for pepakure under ubuntu, so I don't see a reason it shouldn't work. If it doesn't though, you could always use a Virtual Machine and run either Windows or ubuntu or another linux distro in it.

Wine has been my go to for a long time now, the update to Catalina severed the connection between apps so I am unsure which version of Wineskin I need to use to get pepakura back up and running again. As to virtual machine's I've never used them so I do not know which is the best and safest to use on my mac.

Wine has been my go to for a long time now, the update to Catalina severed the connection between apps so I am unsure which version of Wineskin I need to use to get pepakura back up and running again. As to virtual machine's I've never used them so I do not know which is the best and safest to use on my mac.
I don't know much about catalina, so I can't help you there. But for VMs, Virtualbox work fine on mac. You may have some performance issues though depending on the mac you have. You could also install windows or linux alongside osx, but you have to decide that for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back