Yay another ODST build! Well at least it will be Halo 4's Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• 0507e04d-6802-4303-aaf4-25b990bc4dae_zpstauj3y7l.jpg
    0507e04d-6802-4303-aaf4-25b990bc4dae_zpstauj3y7l.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 203
That mesh effect looks great. How did you manage it? Or did I miss an explanation earlier...

That mesh effect looks great. How did you manage it? Or did I miss an explanation earlier...
Thanks and nope you didn't miss anything, I just didn't say my super secret method ;)
But alas, since you have pointed out that I didn't share my super secret method, I must now share it lol.
SUPER SECRET MESH TECHNIQUE INCOMING!!!!!
Walmart had some nice mesh fabric for like .97 per yard so I bought some and just hot glued it on. Pretty simple :) In my other build I used cabinet grip liner. It worked great but was really thick. The only issue I have with this mesh fabric is I'm worried what will happen after I plastidip. If it goes a little wonky then I'll remove it, re plastidip, then just reapply the black mesh over the plastidipped/ painted/ finished ab wrap.
It'll be an experiment but I think all will be well in the end :)

looks good. But i would recommend a 3M adhesive spray for an overall grab on the mesh. lil easier and more time to play. but if it worked for you it looks awsome either way.

FOTUS UPDATE!
So we pepped the FOTUS helmet that we had and it was like 2 or 3 sizes too big. This helmet is going to be funky to scale because I although it was tight in terms of width, it was way to tall. I'm working on an unfold now from the actual Halo 4 render, maybe that will help.
Fotus1_zpsfa4dde46.jpg

Attachments

• Fotus1_zpsfa4dde46.jpg
    Fotus1_zpsfa4dde46.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 217
Fotus unfolded! Check it out here and let me know what you think
Fotus2_zps4cef7ea4.jpg

Attachments

• Fotus2_zps4cef7ea4.jpg
    Fotus2_zps4cef7ea4.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 199
OMG, THANK YOU SOO MUCH!! I tried to ulfold it miself but when I saw all the pices I was like, Wow, I dont have time to do this.... So thank you ^^

OMG, THANK YOU SOO MUCH!! I tried to ulfold it miself but when I saw all the pices I was like, Wow, I dont have time to do this.... So thank you ^^
No problemo :)
As I said, I'll try and do it. I also am moving into my new house so it may take me a little longer.

Pic Update time! Hope it doesn't end up too small!
20140625_072251_zpsyrww0bxd.jpg

Attachments

• 20140625_072251_zpsyrww0bxd.jpg
    20140625_072251_zpsyrww0bxd.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 203
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back