Yet Another Nerf Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gixxer

Jr Member
I saw Gir3892's sniper rifle using Nerf gun and it got me thinking. Hey its not a bad idea .. so here it is .. bought it today and i just got some of it done...scope and the barrel under the main barrel is still not done ...hope you guys like it .. :p.. owh .. its 140cm tall .. just 20+cm less than in the original specs ..

SDC11860.jpg

SDC11891.jpg

SDC11896.jpg

SDC11899.jpg

SDC11902.jpg

SDC11903.jpg

SDC11907.jpg

SDC11908.jpg

SDC11909.jpg

Well, you see, the problem with this is (Sorry, I'm really elitist about Nerf modding) the paintjob kinda sucks and you've done all but nothing except add a PVC (CPVC?) pipe to the front. Foundational? Yes. Complete? No.

Put some more creativity into it, man. Throw some really cool stuff on there. Greebles, dude. Greebles. You've taken a $30 Nerf gun and made it a run-of-the-mill prop. Now, make it an AWESOME prop. I'm sure if you let your imagination run wild, you can make something awesome.

As it stands, in my seen-it-all opinion, it's just short of that.

(Though, I will say, I LOVE the muzzle brake. How'd you make it?)

Spartan052 said:
OMG that is awesome :D -does it fire?

Yes. it does ...

SchizophrenicMC said:
Well, you see, the problem with this is (Sorry, I'm really elitist about Nerf modding) the paintjob kinda sucks and you've done all but nothing except add a PVC (CPVC?) pipe to the front. Foundational? Yes. Complete? No.

Put some more creativity into it, man. Throw some really cool stuff on there. Greebles, dude. Greebles. You've taken a $30 Nerf gun and made it a run-of-the-mill prop. Now, make it an AWESOME prop. I'm sure if you let your imagination run wild, you can make something awesome.

As it stands, in my seen-it-all opinion, it's just short of that.

(Though, I will say, I LOVE the muzzle brake. How'd you make it?)

ahaha .. no harm done ...im not a nerf guy..more like a pc geek so i dont really care about performace of it..we are not gonna use it at any ACGC right ..as long its presentable .. im good... yes i know it sucks, just like almost all of my armor/prop making skills .. theres no PVC used .. the barrel is aluminium pipe and have the same size like the original barrel so it doesnt sacrifice the performance. The additional parts also made by aluminium and craft foam paper except for the muzzle which made of polystyrene and craft foam paper. The ammo clip is still removeable and the back part is still moveable. like in the thread description, this is still WIP but not gonna do anything drastic since i still have my armor to build for an ACGC next month.

SDC11887.jpg

SDC11889.jpg

halosnowboarder said:
Are there any internal modifications done?

nop but i did think about it after reading some threads at NerfHeaven...

Last edited by a moderator:
wow man nice mod , yeh i was considering changing the barrel on mine though but this has given more and more idea's about how i should change mine thanks

ill be watching this one ;) , any tips just pm me

if i must add for the paint job , you maybe want to paint the greyish top part a darker colour so it blends in well and add some scratch built piece so the barrel blends in sort of the like the halo 3 one , just one question . are you making a pep scope for that? if so could you post on here so i see how it goes

Its done ... well for the time being .. gonna redo the scope right after i'm done with my armor ..

SDC11941.jpg

SDC11942.jpg

SDC11943.jpg

SDC11944.jpg

SDC11945.jpg

SDC11946.jpg

wow gixxer i cant thank you enough on how much this is going to help me with my mod , this mod seriously look the shiz i love it well done i give it 10/10

lol it puts mine to shame :(

i hope you dont mind me using these pictures as references :p

sure .. go ahead .. do update urs when u are done with ur mod ..

p/s: ordered stiffer spring for the nerf ..wanna shoot some lizards crawling in the house .. LOL

yes i will update mine when complete , just ran into a few little hurdles like paints and wire plus working on a ma5c recon cs6 nerf mod mean time

OMG

that is really cool. I would so do that but to import one of those things to the UK from the USA is like £50! and that's off ebay!

Ur lucky to live in Malaysia or where-ever you live.

The best ive got is a recon and a raider.

No-where sells spare clips and recons are like £20! :angry

There was one really good Amazon.co.uk shop that sold longshots for £23 but they went bust before I could order one. :angry OMG, im so unlucky! :(

Could you imagine the look on a cops face if they pulled you over for speeding and saw that in the back seat?

(this is my way of saying it looks sexy)

And, now, my friend, I recant my statement. You have made the Longshot awesome. If only it was a better blaster. (I blame nerf for.... nerfing it... 0_0) Well, though a sniper, the LS may not be, you've certainly outdone my expectations of a LS-to-SRS aesthetic mod. Great work, man. Great work.

Spartan052 said:
that is really cool. I would so do that but to import one of those things to the UK from the USA is like £50! and that's off ebay!

Ur lucky to live in Malaysia or where-ever you live.

There was one really good Amazon.co.uk shop that sold longshots for £23 but they went bust before I could order one. :angry OMG, im so unlucky! :(

Well, i dont get it cheap also . It costed me RM150 or 44USD which is quite alot by malaysian standards. I still looking for a extra ammo clip and ammo but cant find em anywhere. Well ammo yes but ammo clip case .. no .. LOL .. unlucky ? i think im more unlucky here. theres no Smooth-On products here, no community workshop,super hard to find a lousy A4/Letter Stock Card (i ended up using neon card which doesnt really absorb resin very well) and hard to imports things. Customs here is a pain in the a@@. Very high tax rate especially sportbikes. 11k USD for an used 1995 CBR919. sigh ...

Tylkon said:
Could you imagine the look on a cops face if they pulled you over for speeding and saw that in the back seat?

hahaha. i've been thinking about that. Since the next ACGC is 2hours drive and the rifle barely fits in the car. The barrel is showing at the rear screen . LOL ..

Gixxer said:
hahaha. i've been thinking about that. Since the next ACGC is 2hours drive and the rifle barely fits in the car. The barrel is showing at the rear screen . LOL ..

Get some sort of orange tape and tape off the last inch and a half of the barrel. Make a sleeve, if need be, around the muzzle brake, so you don't damage it.

It'll keep cops and security off you.

currently doing a nicer scope for the rifle. it looked big but if by scale to the ingame rifle, i think its okay.

SchizophrenicMC said:
Get some sort of orange tape and tape off the last inch and a half of the barrel. Make a sleeve, if need be, around the muzzle brake, so you don't damage it.

It'll keep cops and security off you.

thanks for the tip ...btw schizophrenicMC, did anyone put those nerf pump into LS ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back