Yoroi Armor Set

Sylvacan

Member DIN
S072
Hey y’all, first time on here! I figured I should get my name out there a little and show what I’ve been doing! So far, I’ve got a Yoroi set nearly completed, and I plan on doing a Mark VII as well. This is my first time cosplaying, so any criticism is appreciated! (Also please ignore the weld line on the chest it’ll be covered lol)
IMG_1988.jpg

Hey y’all, first time on here! I figured I should get my name out there a little and show what I’ve been doing! So far, I’ve got a Yoroi set nearly completed, and I plan on doing a Mark VII as well. This is my first time cosplaying, so any criticism is appreciated! (Also please ignore the weld line on the chest it’ll be covered lol)
View attachment 318402
It looks fantastic! Well done!

That's absolutely incredible! Where'd you source the models from?
Also, if you have access to those plushies in the background, I might have to demand you take a photo in your armour drowning in them.

If you're looking for any feedback, mine would be to have a go at weathering the armour if you want a battle-worn style. Some "dirt" in the crevices, scratches on the edges, stuff like that.

That's absolutely incredible! Where'd you source the models from?
Also, if you have access to those plushies in the background, I might have to demand you take a photo in your armour drowning in them.

If you're looking for any feedback, mine would be to have a go at weathering the armour if you want a battle-worn style. Some "dirt" in the crevices, scratches on the edges, stuff like that.
Models are from Cults3D, and the helmet is from Vek3D on Instagram. And will do for the plushies, I have a few hundred so it’ll be pretty easy! As for weathering, I’m still learning, so it’s definitely on my to-do list, but hopefully I can get it nailed down!

Cool suit! Great work on the paint job too. A little weathering will bring it over the edge.

I had to go ahead and buy Vek3d's helmet model after seeing yours. This is epic. I really like how it fits you. How did you scale each part?
Totally didn't forget about this thread lol, don't worry. It fits great, especially with the magnets! I tried scaling it with Armorsmith, but turns out my head fit it 100%, so no worries there.

Update time! I've taken it to a few cons now, it's definitely amazing wearing! Gonna add some felt underneath some spots that hit each other, maybe lessen the plastic sound lol! I ended up getting some professional photos done at Anime Riverside for free! They definitely highlight the stuff I can make better, like smoothing some of the print lines or fixing that weld mark in the middle of the chest. But not bad for a first cosplay!

IMG_2460 (1).jpg
IMG_2533.jpg

After this shoot, I added pouches on the chest and finally added the katana to the side! Though I didn't get too many photos myself at Anime Expo, I ended up making it on Kotaku's top cosplays for the event!

2CC32F96-64CA-431F-BE0C-D5189DD45194.jpg

All that's left now is to do some repairs/smoothing on the obvious spots, soundproof it, and I'll consider this one done! Not gonna lie though, I've already started work on a cross-core Mark VII/Rakshasa set, so we'll see how long that takes lol.

View attachment 318402
Dude this unreal! Fantastic job!!

This thread is more than 5 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back