Your convention story

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowan

In this thread you can tell everyone your story's of conventions, what you liked about them, and tales of the dreaded smelly con-goers.

Most recently i went to supernova in Melbourne, i was getting a signature from Jewel Staite for a friend of mine who sadly couldn't make it. I was stuck behind the smelliest con-goer i had ever been near. Anyway, we started talking to him, we didn't really have any choice we were in the line for a good hour. we didn't want to be rude so we kept talking, he was babbling on so fast i couldn't understand him. so we were stuck behind him for ages, nearly choking.
the moral of my story is: shower BEFORE a con, if you sweat a lot when your really excited at conventions etc (it happens to a lot of people) bring a spare shirt and a can of Deodorant in the bottom of your bag.

Remember, the hot cos-play girls don't like a guy they can smell from 2 meters away.:lol:

smilie120 said:
No Cons in uk....So....Schnitsel Wiener? Lol love that word....I can add nothing to this topic sorry....

Um no cons in the UK? I'm going to have to correct you on that one. When I was stationed there I went to one of the largest conventions I've ever been to. It was called Collectormania . The one I went to was in Milton Keynes, and there were tons of people there.

My story would have to be last years Dragon*Con. My fiance and I were waiting in line for over two hours to get the signatures of Chris Judge, Michael Shanks, Claudia Black and some other SG-1 cast members and we were finally at the very FRONT of the line and BAM we were notified the cast was going to lunch. The only way we could maintain our spot in line was to sit there. Well we sat and we sat for about an hour and figured hey they'll be back soon. Well they weren't...they had panel they had to go to so we had to wait another hour to get their signatures.

The good side of this was that we met a really nice couple behind us who had been to Dragon*Con before and they explained interestingly how things work with the Stargate cast. They all have the same manager, and she tells EVERYONE at the con what to do, like she's the boss of it all. But they were really nice and we talked about convention experiences for 2 hours and it wasn't that bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back