Your favorite Halo cutscene and why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite cutscene... that's a hard one. I don't think I have a favorite one. Some of the ones that I love are when the Covenant absolutely smacks the UNSC or when Johnson says something funny. I like that in Bungie's Halo, the Humans have no hope of winning, it is only about how long they can survive. the only reason the did survive was because Truth was stupid and backstabbed the Sangheili. So, my favorite ones are when they show the supreme power of the Covenant.

Mine has to be and still is, the epic war battle between humans and covenant on reach with that big opening with the two armies clashing.

Halo 2 anniversary cutscene for me. They're certainly magnificent. Too bad that I ran into playback bugs more than a couple of times during my co-op playthrough on Steam just recently. Sometimes a cutscene would end prematurely, or there'd be no audio. If I hadn't already played this years ago on Xbox One I'd probably be pretty annoyed.

I think i'll have to go with the halo wars one in the control room. The big fight where they have to defend the FTL core. The fight between the spartans and the elites is just epic. Also sergeant Forge facing off againt the arbiter was awesome. His line when he killed the arbiter was great XD

"For the record, I would've kicked your ass the first time if the lady hadn't stopped me!"”

When the zealot class elites jump noble team in the comms station or whatever at the beginning of Reach.
"5 & 6, clear the hole!". That whole cut scene gets me so hyped up it's ridiculous. Idk if it's my favorite but it's awesome.

I will always give it to the opening scene to ODST when you're dropping into hell, and you can see first hand the awesomeness of the carrier, and of course, its always fun to see ODST doing their Orbital Drop

Top favourite, of course, has to be during Halo 2's Scarab scene.
"Oh I know what the ladies like."
Apart from that it's also the ODST opening but for a very different reason. It's during the text that shows up, and really it's one simple line.
"We are losing."
I feel this is what sets the early Halo games apart from most other Sci-fi stories. Instead of the protagonist (in this case humanity) always getting the win in the end, even narrowly, we're fighting a losing battle. Our technology is primitive to the covenants. We hardly stand a chance of winning. We're staying alive for as long as we can, protecting our most valuable asset - Earth.

I think the one that sticks with me most is in Halo 2 when the marines are flying through mombassa and the message just repeats "Regret, Regret, Regret."

Johnsons response just really captures a lot of the energy of that game for me and I really like that joke.

Another favorite cutscene is halo 3, the covenant, or if not also the scene of a day at the beach, halo 2 anniversary.
Does anyone else love the "one final effort" soundtrack?

Hard to pick between the ODST cutscene from Halo 2, the cutscene of the ODSTs fighting the brute chieftain, and the opening cutscene of Halo 3: ODST. I also really like the Return to Sender cutscene from Halo 2.

Not my favorite, but the one that gave me the most feels was the scene in Reach where Kat gets taken out by a sniper. It was such a shock to me at the time in my youth where I thought the SPARTANs were invincible. I felt vulnerable afterwards

Mine is
I've thought about making this thread for a while, searched and didn't see one already made, so here we go....

I just want to know what everyone's favorite Halo cutscene is. Throughout the series, there have been some pretty epic ones, and I want to know what your favorites are, and why you like them. I'll start:

My easy favorite is the cutscene at the end of the level "Floodgate", from Halo 3, on the bridge of the Elite carrier Shadow of Intent. There are three reasons why this scene is my favorite.

EDIT: Link added. Skip the first minute:

First, it's absolutely crackling with drama. It feels as though the entire Halo series thus far has reached its ultimate climax. The wrong decision will mean the destruction all humanity; we can't retreat any farther. This is it.

My second reason is the number of memorable lines. Almost every line could be quoted on its own for dramatic effect. This really makes the exchange memorable.

My last reason is one that few will share. At the end of the scene, the humans and Elites prepare for battle together, exchanging weapons in the process. It's awkward for both sides; there is almost definitely some distrust and bitterness between the two races, probably over brothers in arms lost to the other. However, at the same time, there is curiosity there, and both sides feel a little more secure going forward knowing the other has got it's back. After all, the Elites respected the humans and wanted them admitted into the Covenant. I have said it before, but I feel this dynamic has not been very well explored in the Halo series, and as they move on past the events of Halo 3, I hope to see more of it.

Now, that's my favorite cutscene. Lets hear yours!
Most definitely has to be the endings to Halo 3 and Halo 4. Both left you emotional not knowing what to expect in Halos future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back