Youth MemberShip and other questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
darkesword2020 said:
Yep, that's how the 501st does it. I think we should keep a similar proffessional standard.

Now I don't want to argue with you guys, but we all need to cool down a little bit ok?
Take this one step at a time, you guys have two more years till your 16. When your 16 a whole new world of responsibilities and privileges opens up.

Number 1: More workplaces are willing to hire you because of your age. So you have the responsibility of keeping a job.

Number 2: Ability to drive. With a permit and eventually a drivers license.

Number 3: Your parents will treat you more responsibly because they expect more from you now that your much older. You will find that they will give you more to do, and more time to be with friends and peers and such. (Ex : Go to more parties than whan you were 10-12 years old)

The list goes on...

Two years isn't that long I know, time flies. I reccomend you guys take this a step at a time and be patient. God knows I had to....
i dont like me no see youth membership in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
darkesword2020 said:
Yep, that's how the 501st does it. I think we should keep a similar proffessional standard.

Now I don't want to argue with you guys, but we all need to cool down a little bit ok?
Take this one step at a time, you guys have two more years till your 16. When your 16 a whole new world of responsibilities and privileges opens up.

Number 1: More workplaces are willing to hire you because of your age. So you have the responsibility of keeping a job.

Number 3: Your parents will treat you more responsibly because they expect more from you now that your much older. You will find that they will give you more to do, and more time to be with friends and peers and such. (Ex : Go to more parties than whan you were 10-12 years old)

The list goes on...

Two years isn't that long I know, time flies. I reccomend you guys take this a step at a time and be patient. God knows I had to....

Sadly, by the time some of us are 16, the driving age will be 18. Eh, better that way, IMO. Now, does your costume HAVE to be armor? I'm doing a sniper impression, no armor.

Ares said:
darkesword2020 said:

The list goes on...

Sadly, by the time some of us are 16, the driving age will be 18. Eh, better that way, IMO. Now, does your costume HAVE to be armor? I'm doing a sniper impression, no armor.

I don't think I can answer that, ask Adam.

You have to realize, by the time your 16, you could have built a really awesome costume so that your totally ready to go for your 16 year old 405th membership.

I think Adam would agree with me when we say it can't be lower than 16 for membership.

But, all this has to be given the green light by him as he is the site owner here and will most likely be the site owner of the 405th as well.

Oh, never had a problem with it being 16. Just telling you. But yeah, I'll probably have a good Spartan costume by 16 anyways.

Ares said:
Oh, never had a problem with it being 16. Just telling you. But yeah, I'll probably have a good Spartan costume by 16 anyways.

Of course, but some...not gonna name names....

Don't understand our reasoning behind the 16 year old requirement.

So, I figured I'd put into words what they didn't understand so that all the arguments and tension could be put on hold while they mull over the information I just gave.

Please realize, we were 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, years old too....so we know what your going through.

And enough has been said. Look over the above and please don't argue with those that are making the rules. They are doing it with you in mind.

Thanks guys! ;-)

And trust me I feel for you.

(I CAN'T OFFICIALLY JOIN THE 501ST FOR TWO MORE YEARS......WHICH HAS BEEN MY GOAL FOR A LONG LONG TIME NOW - SO I KNOW HOW YOUR FEELING)

I've also always wanted to join the 501st. Dressing up like my favorite guys (Stormtroopers) and making people go "Oh s***! A Stormtrooper!" has always been something I'd want to do.
But I'm a Sandie at heart.

omg to think i was just about to make a donation to a club for 100 dollars just because i cant join for another hmm... 3 years -.-. oh well ill wait. all i wanted to do was wear the patch. ill wait but cant i promote you guys you know atleast a shirt i wear around to promote i would like to help. 16 with awesome armor please cant i just promote someone get adam i mean i could just wear a shirt, common.,feeling down :bye2:i dont mean t o sound mad to anyone im just really sad.

I'm sorry I dont have that answer for you.... PM Adam.

Don't feel down. Go ahead and start your armor, by the time your 16 you'll have some pretty awesome armor mate.

Don't feel sad LeadingSpartan!!
You have plenty of time to make a great suit of armor.

Look, I'm 17, I could join, but right now, I don't have any armor. :eek So I have to build mine before I can join. So even though I'm the right age, I still can't join, it sucks.
:mrgreen:

Don't fret. the 405th will only get better as you get older. Our first year or two we'll all be scrambled and disorganized.

Sarge Christi said:
Don't feel sad LeadingSpartan!!
You have plenty of time to make a great suit of armor.

Look, I'm 17, I could join, but right now, I don't have any armor. :eek So I have to build mine before I can join. So even though I'm the right age, I still can't join, it sucks.
:mrgreen:

Don't fret. the 405th will only get better as you get older. Our first year or two we'll all be scrambled and disorganized.
well atleast i know someone is Nice here ;-)

Dude, im 20. I just got really angry and destroyed most of my paper armor because none of it was the right size....

Im just now getting back into making my pep suit. So itll be awhile before I even get in :p

And theres nothing I can say to make the time go by quicker, and no speeches I can give you to help you out. Your just going to have to wait and be patient, and make one kick butt set of armor.

:D

Sarge Christi said:
Spartan-118 said:
So what part of the website will be rated M? Are you just gonna block the calendar were we can see were the 405th will be marching?Other wise whats there to block? :vim:

No part of the site will be "rated M". The point is, an age limit is an age limit. And while you guys might and i repeat might, get something, you will not recieve the same rights and privileges as the older members of the 405th.
And no one said you guys couldn't be at a convention with the 405th.
You will not be affliated with the actual 405th, that's the only difference.
What about a parent approval form or something?

I'm sorry, but it's pretty much been established.

The age will either be 16 or 18. If you are under-aged, you will have to wait.
But if you don't have a suit, you have to wait anyways. It's a waiting game. Once you build a suit and are 16 or 18 above, then you can join the 405th.

plz I'm 14 years old so keep the age restriction at 16 dont raise it to 18.

I'm going to finnish my assault rifle and then I'm planning to start on my armor.

Btw in Holland u gotta be 18 to get a drivers licence (sucks doesn't it).
But u can drink beer, wine and breezers at the age of 16 and that heavy stuff at the age of 18. If u decide the rise the restriction 18 yearsold I can atleast get drunk and time willl fly lol. (I wont lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back