Yuki-Kedamono's First Armor: Mark Vi (Normal Detail)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm alot more busy than i tell people, I just procrastinate alot. But I commission digital art, and I'm also a new paid comic coloring artist, so needless to say I am alot more busy than i think.

but i'm doing my best to get this going an rolling before it gets too late. Hoping to get my armor mostly or at least basically finished by Yulecon. I doubt it, but I'm sure as hell going to try my darndest. haha

anyway, I have a few pepakura printed out an ready to pep (starting simple, with the right and left hand armor slates) but while I wait to see how to get the ball rolling I started with making stencils for the emblems I'm going to have on my armor.

I bought all the materials I need as well, so I'm set... well... minus the primer, the glass/bondo an uh... the resine.

i have all the cutting materials the pasting materials and the paint color i want when i'm all done. which i'm going to be a red. I plan on having "the flag" too, so you will all bow before my awesome glory ^__^ j/k

anyway... here we go with the materials...

Photo-0056.jpg
Photo-0055.jpg

(what we have here is measuring tape, sand paper block, drop clothe, ruler, cutting board, exacto knife, replacement blades, fine point markers, a crapload of cardstock, hot glue gun, 2 packs of hot glue, and what i don't have at the moment is the glass/bondo and the resine, but i do have the paint like i said)

then i've also been making some stencils while I wait to pep the first thing:

BACK EMBLEM

Photo-0057.jpg
(Layer 1/3)

Photo-0054.jpg
(Layer 2/3)

Photo-0060.jpg
(Layer 3/3)

(So everyone knows, I did in FACT go here: "THE 405th LOGO THREAD" I have emailed the creator and I DO have permission to use the emblem)

SHOULDER EMBLEM

Photo-0058.jpg
(Layer 1/2)

Photo-0059.jpg
(Layer 2/2)

the updates may not be daily, or super often, but I promise to update when I can.

This is my first armor after all, I would love some crit and even suggestions to improve something when it comes time.

S.I.T said:
Hey could u send me your file of the 405th symbol to my email?

sure. though it isn't really clear at all, i had to enlarge it an what-not an i redrew by hand over the original lines in order to get them about right. i'll scan the one i did by hand that i haven't made into a stencil yet. ^___^

Last edited by a moderator:
Two things! Great job on the organization and the creation on the stencil so far!

second thing, I wish you the best of luck in your creation efforts as I will be watching your thread with hopes!!!

GOOD LUCK!

Chris Gold

Chris Gold said:
Two things! Great job on the organization and the creation on the stencil so far!

second thing, I wish you the best of luck in your creation efforts as I will be watching your thread with hopes!!!

GOOD LUCK!

Chris Gold

thanks a billion million trillian an seven!

that means alot to me coming from someone who's doing an awesome job on his armor!

wishing you the best as well!

here's to us both getting our armor done in time! lol

sorry for double posting but I have an update... after so many hours of blind work (the printout didn't show the numbers on the edges) I finally completed one of the hand slates.

it only took me so long because i had to study the piece in the viewer while trying to put it together, i chose to use the High detail hand slate instead of the normal, because the normal series had a boring one. lol. but man was it tedious doing just that, lol.

But it shouldn't take so long doing the other pieces... minus the other hand. once i'm finished with the other hand slate i'll be moving on an it will be back to normal instead of high detail.

there may be a few things that I decide to take to high detail just for the sake of adding a little flare here an there, but it'll be a mix. like the main parts are goingt o be normal an a few parts like the hand slates parts of the boots and possibly the crotch armor will be detailed. we'll see how things go... maybe maybe not.

anyway, seeing how long it took me to do this one gives me alot of confidence to get the normal done easily. now that i sorta have an idea of what i'm doing i can try pepping the other pieces. then i'll get with my bud moonwildflower to carry on the following steps ^^

anyway...

here's the pieces before i attacked it:

Photo-0049-2.jpg

then this is after a few hours of trying to figure it out.

Photo-0050-1.jpg

hows it look? i think it came out pretty good.

will be doing the other hand plate before i have to go to pt formation this evening. may get started on something else, at least printing it out an cutting the pieces out.

an thanks everyone.

HaloFreakX said:
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=9633&hl=405th+insignias

Longs as you've gone/read through some of this I don't mind.

Nonetheless good luck on your build.

ah yes thank you, i've been looking through everything an couldn't find it... was a little brain dead too, probably should have tried the search bar.

I'll be sure to keep the colors the same as image. i figured that there was something like this that's why I definitely didn't change anything, I just did my best to clean up the lines on the picture i DID find.

there are a few things that i may have to change, but I emailed the creator post haste, so will hope to hear back from him about the subject.

but all this is another reason why i did the stencils first, cause I wasn't going to be able to use them until I was finished, so now I know some things about the insignia that i didn't know.

thanks again!

sorry again for double posting, but i have a very small update in progress.

I had pt formation today, so i just sat an made a new map on halo 3 while hydrating before hand ^^ pt was great btw, wasn't as hot as usual (anywhere between 102*F - 110*F)

anyway! i got some things figured out, haven't finished pepping that second hand plate like i thought I would, only cause i didn't wanna get too into it before I had to leave for pt.

so I sat down just now, an using a reference calculated all of the measurements that I'm going to need.

First, I would like to thank Xtreme TACTICS 101 for creating this thread: "How to scale your armor"

it helped alot.

Secondly, I would like to give props to BlueRealm for having such beautifully handsome armor and awesome skills at doing so. I used a picture of his armor in this thread: "Blue's Armor"

an of course, here's all the info organized onto one sheet:

measure.jpg

that is all. I will update when there's more to say. thank you all for the encouragment!

The emblem and logo look great so far, and the hand plate is really nice.

Heh, you don't seem like someone who's in the army.

"Dude, they DO play video games!"

"What?! No way!"

ponchato said:
The emblem and logo look great so far, and the hand plate is really nice.

Heh, you don't seem like someone who's in the army.

"Dude, they DO play video games!"

"What?! No way!"

you'd be surprised how many people in the army play video games. the mass majority since alot of the time that's all they really can do on their down time. i bet if i walked around post in my finished armor when i'm done i'd get a flock of the mass majority of male soldiers (there are females... but. well.. ya know XD). ALOT of military guys play and love the Halo series ^__^

an thanks! i really hope the rest turns out ok. but now i'ma hop off and get started on cutting out the next hand piece to finish that up. maybe not tonight since i don't wanna stay up as late as i did yesterday, but I still wanna get it done sooner than later so I can move on ^__^b

pretty good looking! I'd suggest using superblue though if you want your seems more... seemless XD still this is gonna look pretty neet once resined

super blue? you mean superglue? cause i have been using superglue ^__^ it has the stronger hold. what gets rid of the seems is fillin in the bondo an sanding it to shape it. thank though

Our hour of glory is at hand. Let all who would stand against us be washed in our divine light XD

Loving you work so far, can't wait to see this finished, especially the flag

Tango 89er said:
Our hour of glory is at hand. Let all who would stand against us be washed in our divine light XD

Loving you work so far, can't wait to see this finished, especially the flag

EXACTLY, an expect me to shout that in a loud squeeky voice at the next con i get my armor done for XD

an of course i'll get jumped afterwards, but hey it's all cool. lol

i'll give updates for the flag as well. Instead of makin it from scratch I bought a flag pole from the PX down the road from my house on post. I'm going to go to this shop in the same PX an get them to make me the blue flag:

1419943977_abfd0c79e4.jpg

the halo 2 version, the halo 3 version is cool an all, but it's more like... a banner than a flag XD

3652354367_220bb7748c.jpg

Yuki-Kedamono said:
EXACTLY, an expect me to shout that in a loud squeeky voice at the next con i get my armor done for XD

an of course i'll get jumped afterwards, but hey it's all cool. lol

i'll give updates for the flag as well. Instead of makin it from scratch I bought a flag pole from the PX down the road from my house on post. I'm going to go to this shop in the same PX an get them to make me the blue flag:

[picture]

the halo 2 version, the halo 3 version is cool an all, but it's more like... a banner than a flag XD

[picture]

Cool, I'd like to see how it turns out. I just took some reference screenshots this morning of the flag in Halo 3; I'm planning on that being my first... wieldable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back