Zaso117's Mk Vi Suit Build Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macattack64 said:
does it feel big when u wear it?

There's a small amount of room. But I was torn between making it too tight, because of the undersuit. How does everyone else think it looks? Size-wise?

Last edited by a moderator:
It does look spacey in those photographs, but you're not wearing an undersuit or anything, so I'm not going to say its too big, I think you're doing great so far, keep it up!

Zaso117 said:
I actually left some of the side parts and neck parts un-glued to test fit the torso. After I fiberglass it, I plan on cutting the torso and backpack piece into two pieces, and using snap clips to put them together.
i was wandering how to do the top of the chest plate to get it to stay together. i was thinking of using a piece of a belt but i dont know if it will work. can u help me?

dozver12 said:
i was wandering how to do the top of the chest plate to get it to stay together. i was thinking of using a piece of a belt but i dont know if it will work. can u help me?

Hey, thanks for your question. I plan on using a clip such as this (on a larger scale) to attach the top shoulder parts to the chest.

gearkeeper_tether.jpg

Zaso117 said:
Hey, thanks for your question. I plan on using a clip such as this (on a larger scale) to attach the top shoulder parts to the chest.

gearkeeper_tether.jpg

thx. i didnt know wat to use for the shoulder to hold the back and chest together.

Excellent build, I must say. On the fit of the torso, I do feel like it's just a *tad* bit large, but after some soft under armor and the fiberglassing/bondo it might fill out nicely. :D

dozver12 said:
zaso where can i get the little black tubes on the helmet?

Well, I actually salvaged the tubing from my shed. It looked something like this

BlackSpiralTubing2.jpg

It may be for sump pumps, but i'm not sure. Try your local value/home depot/lowes. It really works good

dozver12 said:
zaso where can i get the little black tubes on the helmet?
They're called wire loom or cable manager, depending on which store carries them. I got a 5-ft long cable manager from Lowe's for $5 and that's more than enough to use on a dozen or more helmets.

those clips are a good idea , I saw some at walmart , in the fabric section by the velcro ect...
it's just the clip and reciver you buy the strap separate think they were only $1.25. gl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back